Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

We want your feedback!

Gordana Radonic
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

We are happy you joined our Graphisoft Community!

Bearing in mind that we freshly launched this platform, your feedback is crucial to keep improving our community.

Would you please share your impressions, comments, suggestions?

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

134 REPLIES 134
conmes
Enthusiast

good idea 😉

ARCHICAD 13 - 24 | Twin 2016 - 2018 V2 | Twin 2019 - 2021 | Win10 64-Bit, 3,4 Ghz Intel Core i7, 32 GB | 13" MacbookPro, 3,1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16 GB

http://www.conmes.de

@DGSketcher wrote:

@Gordana Radonic It is possible to spend time replying to a post, then hit Reply to get taken to the log-in page and find your post gone because you had forgotten you were not logged in. Surely we should be advised of our log-in status before allowing the edit box to operate?

Given the avatar next to the edit box it seems as you might be able to reply as a guest but hitting reply prompts login and if you login you are faced with error message with Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Gordana,

I think the webpage formatting needs some adjustments. Currently it creates lots of wasted space, so even a short thread with a couple of replies requires relentless page scrolling… Also the actual content is lost in a motley mixture of gadgets and text sizes that makes reading very difficult... some suggestions:

1. Date/Time - current format is annoyingly unreadable for people who are used to DD-MM-YYYY format. I would suggest a trade-off that is more legible, e.g. Sep 4, 2021. Time - could we get rid of the unnecessary zero before hour?

2. Force a standard format for user’s signatures, preferably smaller and greyed out…. currently having them formatted to the main body text format is very distracting.

3. I do not think that the static sidebar works - it is just wasting lots of space.

4. Buttons - unnecessarily too big 

just for illustration... buttons are 25% smaller, I do not think we need "like(s)" - it is pretty obvious, dates/times are in smaller text, new format and aligned for better legibility, signature font is forced to the date/time font size for consistency.

Rob_0-1630739497469.png

::rk

Okay, so following my last post indeed the prolonged cookie ist set to 24 hours. I was just greeted by the login page again today.

This ain't no fun : (

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Still having to log in multiple times per day. 

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Does this HTML on-line editor help?

https://html-online.com/editor/

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Date format can be set under:

Profile => My Settings => Preferences => Display => Date Display Format

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Lingwisyer
Guru

Any chance we can get a hybrid Display Date on posts? At the moment you either have the full date and time which can be hard to keep track of, or a very loose day of post...

Relative dates is really good for recent posts. 3 hours ago. Once it gets to more than a day it fails , especially in the Threaded Layout, as it just shows the day... Friday. It should at least show the time as well.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

https://www.discourse.org

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

https://www.discourse.org

Some one suggested this and I went to look at it and it feels easy and comfortable. I have never used Discourse, but it felt very natural and helpful. Is Graphisoft re-inventing the "wheel" on forums?

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)