Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Param-o HotKeys

gdford
Advisor
Are there hotkeys for paramo?
A faster way to disconnect a node connection would be very nice.
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, currently there do not seem to be any keyboard shortcuts available within the Param-O environment.
I guess you would have to make a wish for it.
But as I see, you have already made the wish, along with a number of other Param-O wishes:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72954
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
gdford
Advisor
Yep - I have a lot of Param-O wishes
Thanks
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Karl Ottenstein
There is a list of mostly standard hotkeys for PARAM-O here:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/129328/

But, it does not list the hotkey that toggles the preview on the right side of the editor between the standard graphic preview and the view that shows the underlying GDL code. I can't seem to find where I saw that - video demo or documentation. Anyone know what that hotkey is?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
gdford
Advisor
Cool - I missed that
Thanks Karl
Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
the hotkey that toggles the preview on the right side of the editor between the standard graphic preview and the view that shows the underlying GDL code. I can't seem to find where I saw that - video demo or documentation. Anyone know what that hotkey is?
The shortcut to toggle between 3D preview and GDL code in the PARAM-O editor is cmd-P (Mac) ctrl-P (Windows).

I had to skim through various videos to find this - it doesn't appear to be written down in any documentation that I could find - and even in one video, the presenter just does it without telling us what he is pressing It's a strange choice for a shortcut, since cmd-P/ctrl-P are the standard "Print" shortcuts. I think it must not have been intended as a user-release thing - maybe more of an Easter Egg / debugging feature - since otherwise there would be a right context menu in the Preview panel to switch between code and preview I would have thought...

You can edit the GDL code... but if you modify the PARAM-O graphic nodes, then the code regenerates. I didn't play further to see if it is possible to paste in some code (e.g., extrusion along a path), and save without touching the graphic part, and keep the pasted code. Etc.

I did confirm the global variable issue brought up in another thread:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=73760
where on Mac, all globals are listed as "%ls (%ls)" instead of by their proper names... that in the GDL Code view (cmd-P/ctrl-P) you can confirm that the correct global was selected from the ordered list, until GS sends out a bug fix. So, the workaround in that thread given by Anton Kazmin to count down in his screenshot and select the corresponding element on a Mac can be readily error-checked by toggling to view the code.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB