Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

There is no Archicad-23 est. icon to connect to Rhinoceros 6 - Grasshopper !!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone, I can't get the GH connection to Archicad working, I downloaded and tried to install all the updates offered on the site but nothing works!!
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you install the AC23 version? The second image indicates an AC22 version (22.0.0.6026):

https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/interoperability/rhino.html#live-connection-plugin

Here is the User Guide:

https://graphisoft.akamaized.net/cdn/ftp/techsupport/documentation/addons/archicad-rhino-grasshopper...

Go to page 5 and make sure to follow every step of it, including uninstalling any earlier version.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad installed is 23, there is no other version installed
this file that indicated me I already installed it before
and a problem that you didn’t comment on is that there’s no Achicad tab in Grasshopper
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question! I hope you are doing well during these trying times!

From the screenshot, it looks like the addon was not properly installed. I'm wondering how did you get the palette running on ARCHICAD, but no ARCHICAD tab in Grasshopper? Could you elaborate on how did you make it?

If you are sure that there is no other Rhino or ARCHICAD installation on your machine, rather than Rhino 6 and ARCHICAD 23, I suggest you download the addon here and start the installation.

After successfully installing it, the ARCHICAD tab should be presented in Rhino.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Gonzo666
Booster
Hi everyone,

Was this issue resolved? I´m having the same problem and I have the latest update of the Grasshopper Live connection with Archicad 23
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Gonzo666 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Was this issue resolved? I´m having the same problem and I have the latest update of the Grasshopper Live connection with Archicad 23
Hello,

Thank you for the question!

Could you clarify the issue you are having with some screenshots and details about what exactly happens on your machine?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had Rhino 7 and Rhino 5 installed and also AC 24 3008.
I have installed the Live Connection plugin.

There is a Grasshopper Connection in AC 24 running.
No pallette in Rhino 7 nor Rhino 5.
No files have been installed in AppData/Roaming/Grasshopper/Libraries.

I have uninstalled both Rhino 5 and Rhino 7.

I have installed only Rhino 5.
I have installed Grasshopper plugin to Rhino 5.

I have installed the Live Connection plugin.

There is a Grasshopper Connection in AC 24 running.
No pallette in Grasshopper in Rhino 5.
No files have been installed in AppData/Roaming/Grasshopper/Libraries.

Is there a way to install the Grasshopper plugin alone?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Simon,

Thank you very much for your question!

As of now, the Grasshopper - Archicad Live connection addon does not support Rhino 7 yet. As of now, it can only work with Rhino 6. I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everyone

my problem is similar, I have Archicad 24 and Rhino 6, I installed the Grasshopper-Archicad 24 Live Connection plugin but the palette is not appearing in Grasshopper

I understand that you must use the most current version of grasshopper, how do I update?

sorry for any typos, I don't speak english very well
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
teresacolares wrote:
hi everyone

my problem is similar, I have Archicad 24 and Rhino 6, I installed the Grasshopper-Archicad 24 Live Connection plugin but the palette is not appearing in Grasshopper

I understand that you must use the most current version of grasshopper, how do I update?

sorry for any typos, I don't speak english very well
Hello,

Thank you very much for the question! And don't worry, your English is perfectly understandable!

As I can see, the error message happens because you're still using an outdated Rhino version (6.7). The latest release should be 6.34 by now. You can check it by navigating to Help menu in Rhino 6 > click Check for Updates. This will show you the latest build available to download. Once Rhino is updated, the Connection should appear in Grasshopper.

Please let me know if it helps with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT