Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Wish: Param-o Upgrade! (More like grasshopper)

Angus J
Contributor

Hi Achicad, can we see some upgrades to Param-o so that it operates more like grasshopper? By this I mean the ability to manipulate walls, columns, beams and roof forms in live view (not just create objects.) The ability to create and share custom scripts and addons would also be very handy and accelerate Param-o's capability.

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

I'm leaving your post here rather than move to the Wishlist forum, where all product requests / wishes belong... because what you're asking for is not the purpose of Param-O.   Param-O's sole intent and function is to create an object.  It has a lot of shortcomings - with many wishes for improvements - but it is solely a tool for visually creating objects.   Anything beyond that would be another product... and what you're asking for already exists in Grasshopper and the API, and with a little bit in Python.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I  don't even think that it is possible in the Grasshopper Add-On to manipulate an element already existing in Archicad (although it may be possible to do with the tAPIr Add-On that is being developed by enzyme): 

https://www.food4rhino.com/en/app/tapir

The Grasshopper Add-On can use an Archicad element as source/reference geometry, but it can modify only the Archicad elements it created (delete the previous version and create a new one):

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!