Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ArchiCAD 27 - MEP Modeler - MEP Elements DO NOT appear in schedules

JoeA
Booster

It appears that MEP elements, (i.e. ductwork, piping, etc.) in ArchICAD 27 "New & Enhanced" MEP Modeler is not able to be scheduled. This is the case for ANYTHING inserted in the model from the MEP menu.

So much for utilizing the "I" in BIM...

Disappointed,

Joe A.

ArchiCAD since 8.0

8 REPLIES 8
Oleksandra Vakariuk
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Joe,

Some functionality around the renewed MEP Modeler, including scheduling, was not included in the release version due to time constraints. It will be available in Archicad 27 Update 2.

Kind regards,

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer

That is certainly unfortunate as it leaves us in a position without a viable work around; Pre-27 MEP models are not compatible and 27 MEP models provide no usable data.

Q: Should we shut down MEP operations for three months and await a functioning product?

Waiting for ArchiCAD 27 Update 2 to be released is akin to having a vehicle delivered without brakes in the initial release!

Befuddled & Confounded,

Joe A.

ArchiCAD since 8.0

Is there any indication as to when Archicad 27 Update 2 will be released?

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE

Alex Nader Cóccaro, Intl. Assoc AIA, SAU
LEED® Green Associate™
BIM Professional
Robbie
Contributor

@JoeA I have update 27.1.2 installed now, but I still don't see any MEP elements in the scheduler?

as stated on a previous post on this thread, fix is expected for AC 27 Update 2, so 27.2.
Not there yet but fingers crossed for the next one.

Alex Nader Cóccaro, Intl. Assoc AIA, SAU
LEED® Green Associate™
BIM Professional
Robbie
Contributor

I've installed update 2 and it appears that MEP elements are back in schedules! A word of caution though - the newly defined pipe or duct "routes" do not report their length, so we still have to go into the route dialog and set the element ID of the individual segments for them to sum correctly as a single quantity. This misses out the length of elbows, etc. so you can add new property in Property Manager such as "pipe_length" for example, add an expression to capture the individual lengths of segments, elbows, etc., and report the new property in the schedule instead.

Its unbelievable how hard it seem to be for GS to take a system approach to buildings. So now we have these routes which are somewhat nicely connected but we can't really schedule or label the route as such let alone the whole system - just the segments?