Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Basic Space Planning Schedule

vfrontiers
Enthusiast

So I need a schedule that can perform the following (rather basic) functions

1.  On any given story

2.  Within a confined space (like a building outline)

3.  I want to place a number of varied ROOM PLANS (think like a hotel / condo)

a.  some 1 bedroom, some 2 some 3

b.  1 bedrooms may have different versions  1a, 1b

c.  same for 2's and 3's

4.  I need to query the 'zone' (building outline)

a.   give me number 1a's, 1b's..... then total 1's

b.   same for 2's and 3's

c.   then total the AREAS of each

d.   then average the areas among the total units for that floor...

Obviously all is easy until you get to the average...

Extra credit:  the same type of analysis but shows me PERCENTAGE of total units that are 1a, 1b.. etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
3 REPLIES 3
PVBergkrantz
Expert

Archicad schedules can't do advanced calculations other than sums, so averages and percentages are out of the question unfortunately. I recommend exporting a schedule and then importing the values to excel to do further analysis. This can be set up semi-automatically with some excel magic.

As far as showing only the apartments in a certain ZONE or AREA I don't know of a way for Archicad to only show things at a certain location, but what we do is create a custom property called "area" or "stage" and then use that to assign a value to zones depending on where they are. This can be easily done in 3d by selecting all the apartments in a region.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

vfrontiers
Enthusiast

Thanks PV...   Unfortunate that 25 years ago I could do all this in VECTORWORKS... And unfortunately, we are forever studying OPTIONS so keeping everything LIVE is somewhat crucial.

I may take your advice and try to come up with an excel spreadsheet to assist.

I'm thinking out loud here, but if there we're an INITIAL TAB in excel to DUMP THE RAW Data, I could potentially keep the actual schedule clean by referencing that (then updating the raw data instead of the schedule directly)

I think my fear is that I'm not always going to end up with the same NUMBER of "areas" so I'll have to try and accommodate that...

Thanks Again!

Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
PVBergkrantz
Expert

Yes that's how I would do it too, create a good and clean schedule to export all the raw data in a clear and organized way, then import into excel. I know its possible to do automatic updates in Excel in some way, but I haven't used it myself, but this video might give you some help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjLDm3_t9I

For simpler data we sometimes put the schedule in a layout, but outside the margins to be able to see the values, and then manually do the calculations and write into text on the page. Its not ideal but sometimes works well enough.

With the introduction of Python to Archicad you might be able to do some scripts to help as well. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) having simple excel-functions directly in Archicad, it seems that all the parts are there, with autotext, properties etc.. but just needs to be packaged together.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |