Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Disappearing layout

Tom Krowka
Booster
My layouts have suddenly disappeared. All the layers are turned on, eveything is in the master just like it is supposed to be, just nothing shows up on the layout sheets.

Other projects work fine. The same thing happens with this project on another computer, so it's not a video thing. I'm on V10, have updated.

Have created another master, still no show. Have drawn extra stuff on both masters, still nothing shows up.

Have created new layouts, with both masters....nada, zip, nyet, nothing,empty........

Very frustrating.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
10 REPLIES 10
So I'm guessing that you're one of those grumpy guys that isn't as productive in V10 as V9.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im reading about a lot of veteran users suffering with archicad 10.
Im not a veteran. so my best bet is to keepworking on archicad 9 until all these bugs are ironed out, probably in archicad 11
It was the same story with 8 and 8.1, never used them until 9 came and ironed out the 8 & 8.1 bugs.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Yes, I'm grumpy with this version. I'm not sure if I'm the problem, or the changes to the program are the problem. Everything seems obvious and easy once you figure it out......

except if you can't figure it out or AC does inexplicable things like the disappearing layout thing. My reseller can't explain it either. Am sending them the file. Will post their reply, if I get one other than "new and reset"
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
My bad. A new choice to be made in the "on Screen view options" (old model view) determines whether or not to display the master layout on the layout. Did not even know it was there, I wonder how I turned it off....

Anyway, not so grumpy anymore......
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not to feel bad Tom as this old grumpy did the same thing -- the changes in the program for us old foggys are frustrating but once it registers, the results are quite productive. Sure would be good if I paid attention..

Lew Bishop
Jon Worden Architects
G5 Dual 2.0 nVidia 6800
OS X 10.4.7 AC 10 966
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
.....except if you can't figure it out or AC does inexplicable things like the disappearing layout thing. My reseller can't explain it either.
Did sending the Reseller the file give them the clue or did you figure this out on your own.

There are so many changes in AC 10 as to how drawings are viewed that it is no wonder that even the resellers can not give as most of the answers.

I hope to go through the ArchiCAD Training Guide found here. some time soon. Then maybe I will be able to let go of my "Grumpy" disposition. And maybe be even a step ahead of the resellers.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Figured it out myself........read the manual actually. Kind of disappointed the reseller did not know. I guess they are sales people, not users.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
My bad. A new choice to be made in the "on Screen view options" (old model view) determines whether or not to display the master layout on the layout. Did not even know it was there, I wonder how I turned it off....
Could you tell me where that's located?

I'm working on a project in which I imported and merged the files from an AC9 project into 10, and nothing is showing up on the layouts, even though the drawings are clearly in the tree. It's driving me nuts.

Wendy
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Wendy wrote:

Could you tell me where that's located?

It's driving me nuts.

Wendy
You are not alone Wendy, see attached.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |