Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Hotlinked Modules - forever to update

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a 30 unit grouphousing development - 6 unit types, max 13 min 3 of any one type. The master (site) plan is taking forever to update the modules. The individual PLN files are modest (about 1 - 2mb)as the houses are not (yet) complex. Using "Save selection as Module" as I don't want to bring across all fills dimensions and storeys to site plan (will need to bring upper storeys later tho'). All PLN files are clean and well modelled - no doubles or corner windows etc. Updating a few days ago was normal and apart from an addition unit type there's no difference apart from the master PLN growing from 7mb to 25mb!?. My G5 was stuggling yesterday but the PC today has given up - any ideas? I have a deadline coming up and have achieved almost nothing today..
1 REPLY 1
Djordje
Ace
Harry wrote:
Updating a few days ago was normal and apart from an addition unit type there's no difference apart from the master PLN growing from 7mb to 25mb!?.
Did you add any sections? Did you add any 3D fills on the materials, especially 25%, 50% and 75% ones? I had a case the other day where I defined a 50% fill for the glass, had the elevations updated with 3D hatching on, and the file zoomed from 15 to 530MB! Brought the machine down to its knees.

Modules do take time, especially a lot of them, and beware of the % fills ...

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen