Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Hotlinked mods reset position after updating

PVBergkrantz
Expert
Hello. I am currently working on a project where we are doing a basic urban scheme, and we are using hotlinked modules for different types of building, one mod per story, so we can easily create different heights for similar buildings as well as including different zones in the mods for calculations (a sort of make shift grouping of zones). The original idea was also to eventually relink the modules to more detailed ones (with windows etc) for making renderings.

The setup is one story for all the "floors"-modules and they then have individual offsets, stacking them on top of each other. There is a great variation in landscape so having different stories is not an option.

However, if I make some changes to the hotlink settings and update all the mods reset their story position, i.e. stacking on top of each other, making the model useless. For example if I select some mods and right click>Hotlink selection settings and change the master layer, or give them an ID, or change the module, they also reset their position. If I go through them one by one they seem to keep their position, but there are hundreds of them...

I've tried different variations of "adjust elevation..." "keep elevation" etc but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or a workaround? In the picture you can see the ones who have floated up.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

0 REPLIES 0