Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to set to all as New Construction

Llian
Advocate
This Renovation-Existing is driving me crazy...I am spending so much time in changing my objects to new. How do I set the project as New Construction? My drawing layer combination is New construction...
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Llian wrote:
My drawing layer combination is New construction...
Layer combinations don't have any correlation to Renovation filters.

I would do what you need by permanently enabling Renovation Palette (Window > Palettes > Renovation )
And setting "New" as a default for new elements by clicking on the "New" icon.
Note: "New" icon will be greyed out if the current renovation filter is set to hide new construction elements.
Renovation.jpg
Llian
Advocate
Thanks Anton....this is so helpful.
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can change the Renovation Status of all elements in a single step:

1. Go to 3D Window and show all Layers.
2. Select All.
3. Use the Edit Selection Set command (CTRL+SHIFT+T on Windows).
4. Change "Renovation Status" field to desired value and click OK. It will be modified for all selected elements.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW, why is not Archicad set up by default to make all elements new? I think is more common than existing, probably.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You are raising a valid point.
Maybe it is because there can be two cases:
1. There won't be renovation-related things going on in the project file. In this case the Renovation Status does not really matter.
2. There will be renovation-related things in the file. In that case it is best to set things to "Existing" since that is the first stage. Then things can be selected and changed to "To be Demolished" as needed. If the reno status of elements were set to "New" by default, they would all have to be changed to "Existing" in case of Renovation projects. Maybe this is why they chose "Existing" to be the default Renovation Status.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
You are raising a valid point.
Maybe it is because there can be two cases:
1. There won't be renovation-related things going on in the project file. In this case the Renovation Status does not really matter.
2. There will be renovation-related things in the file. In that case it is best to set things to "Existing" since that is the first stage. Then things can be selected and changed to "To be Demolished" as needed. If the reno status of elements were set to "New" by default, they would all have to be changed to "Existing" in case of Renovation projects. Maybe this is why they chose "Existing" to be the default Renovation Status.
Yeah, Probably. make sense.
I really never had to use them yet as they are meant to be used, until now I just have use them as a design options tool
I Just read this post and became curious about it.
Have a good weekend.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I prefer the existing as default option.

Even with completely new projects I sometimes end up going into a demolish and new status for elements, either by revisiting it later for a new extension, or by having to 'hide' something from permit documentation and needing it for building documentation again later.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
David Shorter
Advisor
In Australia our default template is set to NEW, this is because most of what we build is NEW.
You can reset all the renovation settings using the Reset Renovation Status option as shown
resetReno.jpg
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

How do you create something without a renovation status?  For example a zone. 

AC25-26: Win10 Pro, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K 128gb ram, RTX-3080Ti