BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

I am trying to change the layer of the entire label.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

Even if you select the label, wall, etc. first, select all of them with ctrl_a, and try to change the layer, all of them do not change at once.
Do I have to select and change it with Ctrl+F?

Looking at it from the beginning, I'm not good at bookmarking, so there are cases where the layer becomes one or two different things.
But I can't change them all at once.

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

When you select the same type of elements, but those elements have different settings, you will only see the settings of the last selected element in the info box or element settings dialogue.

So in this case you will see the layer of the last selected element.

If you want all of the other elements (labels) to be in the same layer, you have to change the layer to something else so the elements in that layer change and then change it back to to the layer you want, and all selected elements will now go into that layer you choose.

You can't choose the layer that is already showing because Archicad thinks you do not want to change anything.

Another option is to unselect the label you know has the wrong layer and then select it again.

Because you selected it last, it will show the layer of that label and you can change it and all selected labels will change as well - because you are actually changing the layer.

Sounds a bit confusing, but you have to actually change the layer (or other setting) to make the change for all selected elements.

Selecting the same setting does not change anything for any of the selected elements.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly

So long as you have just labels selected, you can change their layer - all selected labels at once.

You do not want to select labels and there associated elements (walls, slabs, etc.) at the same time.

You could use Find & Select (CTRL+F) to select them if you want to take the time to set it up, or just activate the label tool and press CTRL+A to select all labels.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

There are more than 2 layers in the zone label. (My mistake)
So I pressed the label and selected only the Zone label with ctrl+A.

LeeJaeYoung_0-1683273723824.png

Layers do not change.

LeeJaeYoung_1-1683273760405.png

A few still remain.

AC27 on window 11

I am not sure what you are doing then.

Zone labels, dimension labels, autotext, labels, etc., they are all just labels and all will select when you activate the label tool and press CTRL+A.

Change the layer and all of the labels should go to that layer.

I don't know why some labels would not change, unless they are locked themselves or maybe they are in a locked layer.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

LeeJaeYoung_1-1683275899544.png

Only the label layer inside the circle is Annotation - Label.

The rest is zone-label.

LeeJaeYoung_2-1683275998675.png

Only label was selected.

How can I change the layer here?

LeeJaeYoung_3-1683276105145.png

AC27 on window 11

ah!
I found out.
After selecting a different layer, selecting a completely different line, and selecting the desired layer again, the selection was made.
Select layer A + layer B
Select layer C, select layer B again, and press OK. ^^
I was able to solve it because it was you.
thank you

When I tried it, if Layer A and Layer B are selected together and Layer B is displayed on the screen, Layer B cannot be selected.

It is possible to change Layer B to Layer A. And it is possible to change to a layer other than Layers A and B.

By applying this, it is changed to Layer C and then to Layer A or B again.

AC27 on window 11
Solution

When you select the same type of elements, but those elements have different settings, you will only see the settings of the last selected element in the info box or element settings dialogue.

So in this case you will see the layer of the last selected element.

If you want all of the other elements (labels) to be in the same layer, you have to change the layer to something else so the elements in that layer change and then change it back to to the layer you want, and all selected elements will now go into that layer you choose.

You can't choose the layer that is already showing because Archicad thinks you do not want to change anything.

Another option is to unselect the label you know has the wrong layer and then select it again.

Because you selected it last, it will show the layer of that label and you can change it and all selected labels will change as well - because you are actually changing the layer.

Sounds a bit confusing, but you have to actually change the layer (or other setting) to make the change for all selected elements.

Selecting the same setting does not change anything for any of the selected elements.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

AutoCAD users are the hard part.
I understand this now too.
that various does not appear.
If you change it in the settings, all selected items should change, but sometimes they change and sometimes they don't.
But thanks to you, I got it.
thank you

AC27 on window 11

You can use Edit Selection set for this I believe. If you have multiple elements selected based on different tools, so you have labels, text and walls selected and want to move them all on to the same layer go to the 'Edit' menu then 'Element Settings' then 'Edit Selection Set...'

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.33.39.png

A new window will open that lists all of the types of items you have selected and how many are editable and you can change the Layer, Renovation Status and Pen of all of the elements altogether at the same time.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.33.44.png

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

thank you ^^
However, the rules for changing the layer also need to be handled as described below.
With your attention, I have clearly understood the meaning of this command. ^^

AC27 on window 11
Learn and get certified!