Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

I would like an explanation of how the schedule reads the data.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I would like an explanation of how the schedule reads the data.
(I would like to know the contents of PROJECT MAP or VIEW MAP, where it is related to layers, etc.)
The manual is fine too.
I want to understand the logic correctly.

AC27 on window 11
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

I am not sure if I am answering what you are asking for, but here goes....

The Project Map contains 'View Points' - floor plans (storeys) elevations, sections schedules, details, etc.

These do not have any particular settings for scale, layers, pen sets, graphic overrides, etc.

You change these settings as you want to see them on screen.

You can save 'Views' in the View Map from these 'View Points'.

These 'Views' do contain settings for scale, layers, pen sets, graphic overrides, etc.

You can have as many 'Views' of the same 'View Point' as you like and each can have different settings.

It is these 'Views' that you add to your Layouts as 'Drawings', and they will know exactly the settings you want them to be seen with.

The schedules read the data that you set them up to read by filtering the Criteria and you display the information you want with the Fields you choose to show.

The 'View' settings that you saved with the 'View' for the schedule will control scale, layers, pen sets, graphic overrides, etc, that you see in the schedule.

I hope that helps.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

In the previous question, you answered to set the zone in GOC.
But I said I want to set it as a layer.

So the question arose. 

LeeJaeYoung_0-1681799834401.png

Where do I get my inquiry information from?

Does it come from the whole data ???
Then, where do you get the zone from? in all data???

LeeJaeYoung_1-1681800600052.png

And filtering. If I think
I thought that I could set the layer here.
But it worked and it didn't work, so I thought that I was wrong, so I'm asking a question.

AC27 on window 11

I am still not sure what your question is.

Zones belong to a layer - you can turn this on or off, so effectively you can turn your zones on or off with the layer.

If the layer is on but you do not want to see the zone colour, you can override it with a Graphic Override.

If you are referring to this other post of yours ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/nothing-appears-in-From-zone-To-zone/td...

The from zone / to zone is only for doors and windows to say which zone they open into.

If you are not getting from zone / to zone information from your doors, then  you need to turn the zone layer on in the layer combination you have saved in the door schedule view.

If the layer is turned off, you will not get the to/from zone information.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yesterday was influenced by the layer specified in the schedule, so it became to zone, from zone.
However, there was a phenomenon that did not work later, so I thought that I did not know something, so I asked for a full explanation. But temporarily, I think I did something wrong.
If something doesn't happen again, I'll talk about it here again.

I understood that what I think is working by filtering from the entire data.

It was a pleasure talking with you today.
I hope you will have a happy time

AC27 on window 11