Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Is there an easier way to hide Revision Cloud, but not the Revision Delta

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
When we issue new revisions, our standard is to leave the revision Delta and remove the revision cloud. To achieve this using book settings and and the change manager, we set new issues to show all markers, then manually change all the previous revision markers to show "marker head only".

Ideally, we would set new issues to "show current markers only" and have the clouds of previous issues go away, while the marker heads/ delta tags, remain.

Please let me know if I am missing an easier way (other than changing our standard because I don't control that). And if there is not an easier way, I would like to suggest this ability in ArchiCAD 23

Cheers everyone.
13 REPLIES 13
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you're not using it yet, Find & Select would be a quick way to select all markers from a specific change (or excluding a specific change) in a view.

Don't think you can select them in another way.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erwin,

We do use the change manager to select items from the specific change. However, since we add the revision annotation to the sheets, and not the model, we can only select all the tags on a sheet by sheet basis. This isn't a big issue on small projects, but can be tedious on larger one.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I see no advantage to annotating layouts, only disadvantages. But maybe I'm missing something obvious.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Eduardo Rolon
Adding my vote that you should never annotate the Layout always place in View.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Hence wrote:
When we issue new revisions, our standard is to leave the revision Delta and remove the revision cloud.
I once worked for a firm that did this, too. I never understood what the benefit was of leaving a bunch of deltas floating around in space, not referencing anything in particular. It only cluttered up the sheets.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting conversation here.. I have been adding revision clouds to sheets and it has been a major pain to remove them/ archive them from a teamwork project. I am always looking for a more efficient way of doing things in AC.

If you are adding the revision clouds to the model / views, what happens if you need to highlight a change on a floor plan and not in a corresponding reflected ceiling plan on the same floor? Wouldnt the revision cloud appear on both?

Maybe I am missing something there.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Change / Revision tool is a marker on a layer. You can just hide the layer. Have a layer for floorplan markers and one for ceilingplan.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Erwin!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
Hence wrote:
When we issue new revisions, our standard is to leave the revision Delta and remove the revision cloud.
I once worked for a firm that did this, too. I never understood what the benefit was of leaving a bunch of deltas floating around in space, not referencing anything in particular. It only cluttered up the sheets.
Yes Richard, as a drafter I never understood this workflow, but as a manager I am starting to see the benefit of having a record of "approximately" what changed in each revision. (ie: delta 2 is next to a stair so we must have made the change to the stair in the second revision). I just helps when you're at the end of the project and when everyone gets a little fuzzy on what changes happened when.

Per the layout vs. model space for placing the annotation, since we often cloud new drawings placed on a sheet for the first time, such as details that arise from RFIs, we tend try and be consistent with where we place the tags. Another reason is that it gives us more flexibility to place the cloud with out getting cropped by the view limits. And i think the last reason we prefer sheet annotations, is that it keeps our working floor plans clear of extra annotation. We often review the project live from the Archicad model with the client, contractors, and consultants, and we don't like to see a bunch of bubbles on the plans (yes I know you can turn off the layer, but some of or senior users don't like to fuss with all of that)

I do, however, see the advantage of including the clouds in the actual viewports and may consider it as we continue to improve our workflows as Archicad evolves.

Thank you everyone.