Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Loading ArchiCad

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that my Archicad and Plotmaker both load incredibly slow recently, and I'm only loading the library fro AC9. I'm running it off a laptop that used to load it just fine, just seems WAY too slow now. Any suggestions to speed it up?

Thanks. Brian
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Can you tell us anything else? File size, machine specs,..... you don't give us much to go on.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running it on a Sony laptop (1.73 GHz, 1 GB ram, Windows XP). It seemed to load just fine before, but seems to be much slower now. File sizes are not big (3 MB or so).
TomWaltz
Participant
Before.... what? I guess that's the major question.

Have you installed anything else in the mean time, maybe installed any operating system service packs, added an anti-Virus, or anything?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found out that some files in Java were slowing down the whole system..all better now.
Anonymous
Not applicable
brianh wrote:
Found out that some files in Java were slowing down the whole system..all better now.
Brian, I've had increasing problems with my system slowing down, too. How did you go about finding the culprits, if you don't mind my asking?

I also find that if I don't attend adequately to disk maintenance (cleanups, defrags, running antispyware sweeps, etc.), or I keep the machine running for too long without rebooting, those things also slow AC down, along with everything else.

Wendy