Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Pen and colour sets

KeesW
Advocate
How do I get a full colour matrix in the pen set chart? I've seen them in some templates (eg Robert Mann's) and would find it very useful.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly
You can create your own pen set with any colours and weights that you want.
Or if you have another file with a pen set that you like, you can use the Attribute Manager to import it into any other file.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
Yes Barry I know I can do it manually. There are only 260 colours to worry about. However, I've seen all of the archicad squares filled with colours in a few other places and figured that there must be some tables where this was already done. Lazy, aren't I!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Anonymous
Not applicable
KeesW
Advocate
I am joking about being lazy but not about wanting access to these colours. I've seen someone with them as an extra line in the 'available pensets' box. I attach a screen print of what I want - from an official Archicad site.[attachment=0]Archicad pens and colours. JPG[/attachment]
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Barry Kelly
What Archicad website is that from?
I have never seen a dialogue like that.
I get the feeling is is from a custom add-on.

The pen colours will be real and can be set up in the pen settings dialogue.
But there can only be 255 standard pens.
There are 255 pens in your image but they are set out differently which makes me assume it is an add-on dialogue.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
LucaP
Enthusiast
Hi,

KeesW,
What you're showing here is the standard AutoCAD pen table. I can't recall right now how I was able to get that in my ArchiCAD (It might be that I just used the least sophisticated method of going one pen at a time or found it somewhere on the internet), but I've attached this colour table, which you can import using Attributes Manager. It helps to predict how exported dwg will look like in AutoCAD.

Barry, just to inform:
This dialogue comes from pen set conversion table from DXF/DWG translator settings. (Sorry about the PL version. I think we all know where to find that settings).

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Barry Kelly
LucaP wrote:
Barry, just to inform:
This dialogue comes from pen set conversion table from DXF/DWG translator settings. (Sorry about the PL version. I think we all know where to find that settings).

Thanks for explaining Luca.
I have never had to delve that deep into the translators before.

Still it won't help KeesW as he will still either have to set the pens up manually, or find a PLN that has the colours already and he can use the Attribute Manager to export/import them.

The pen table that Braza linked to earlier is just an object that shows the current pen set as an object in the plan.
It doesn't actually allow set up of the pen colours.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
LucaP
Enthusiast
That is why I have attached the pen set that I have, that should match the AutoCad plot style table. (at least colour to index no.)

Hope that helps the OP

Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Barry Kelly
LucaP wrote:
That is why I have attached the pen set that I have, that should match the AutoCad plot style table. (at least colour to index no.)

Hope that helps the OP

Sorry I missed the attachment.
Yes that should help.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27