BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Problems creating Zones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am working on a file that was created using the standard office template. For some reason, I cannot create zones on this files. It is not a problem with the wall's connections as I have double checked this. When trying to create the zone, nothing happens , not even the window saying that it was not possible to identify boundaries....
When I copy and paste the same walls to a new file using a standard archicad template, the zone tool works fine.
Has anyone ever faced something similar or has any clue on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Is your construction method set correctly?
Maybe you have it set to manually draw the zone rather than a single click.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have just find the problem with the zone. For some reason our zone were on the existing renovation status and our wall were on the new renovation status. Apparently both zone and walls need to be on the same renovation status!!!

It was the first time I came across this problem. So when changed to the new renovation status, the zone recognized the new wall!

Thanks,

Marina
Learn and get certified!