Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Property Bug - HELP!

4dProof
Advisor

Several projects, and quite a few firms I coordinate with and offer support to, have been reporting issues with properties; particularly in schedules.

Properties both as schedule fields, AND schedule criteria, will periodically and without any logical reason, reset to default project wide. This is particularly evident in teamwork projects; so I first chocked it up to user error. But even on projects in which I was the ONLY user active, I have seen properties reset to default, even multiple times within a single day.
Any one else experience this? Any one have a known trigger for this that we can avoid? Any one have a work-around to properties? Any one have a connection with GS to get a fix for this expedited ASAP so I'm not spending the rest of the year redoing schedules constantly?

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
7 REPLIES 7
Allyn
Contributor

We're having the same issue. We work on teamwork and while this issue it isn't happening on all projects once is too many times. It did happen twice on the same project this week. It took almost a days work both times to set up the door and window schedule back to its original status. This is a major setback for deliverables and budget! 

scottjm
Expert

I have also been experiencing the same issues on AC26.  

It seems to only be isolated to Doors & Windows for me however.  I did some testing and couldn't replicated it for object or walls, etc

I have pinned it down to definitely being related to teamwork as I was able to trigger it once after a colleague did a send/receive, and then as soon as I did a send/receive random doors & windows had their properties reset.

What version are you guys running, and what add-ons are you running.  I have a suspicion it could be a bug in an addon, potentially CI Tools Door & Window tool as I have deactivated this addon for all our users and it appears to have stopped happening.  I'm not 100% convinced yet though

The workaround I am currently using is:

- I created a schedule all all doors & windows and the critical properties for them, 

- I then periodically export this schedule through File>Interoperability>Classifications & Properties> Export Property Values from Schedules..

scottjm_0-1679714518242.png

- This save as an excel file, essentially as a backup and then I can use the Import Property Values into Elements.. to restore the data.

It's not perfect as you have the real risk of overwriting changes made by other users, but at least it's something.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

yeah, in a 70+ person firm (my primary client), this would be a disaster; definitely would be looking at t/w recovery files to dig up overwritten settings.
but glad I'm not the only one thinking about this. So far, the only response I've heard is basically "sucks to be you"... so maybe if enough of us start sounding off the squeaky wheels, we could drive them to look into this?

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

We're using Archicad 24 and CI windows and doors as well as teamwork. We've been using properties for a couple of years now with CI windows and door scheduling and have only seen this issue start in the last month. It was only on one project and just this week it has happened on two other projects. Unfortunately it happened towards the end of those projects so there was a lot of information scheduled that was wiped out.  The only thing that has changed in the last month for our company is we just switched to the archicad server. I am not sure if that could be playing a role in this. This issue has the potential of causing hundreds of thousands of dollars in mis-ordered windows and doors. This should be a top priority for a fix.

scottjm
Expert

What BIMCloud version are you running Allyn?   I am on on 2022.3 (27.0.25.3601) and have only identified this bug since starting to use 26.  

It's sounding like it could be a teamwork BIMCloud issue related to CI Door & Window tool.  

All our older projects in 23 would of been on old BIMCloud teamwork server versions.

Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS

Hi Scott,

We're using 2023.1(27.0.358.4104). We're about to switch to 26, but had been using properties/teamwork/CI windows and doors fine for the last year or two. 

Thank you for your input! 

scottjm
Expert

I just stumbled across this in the CI Tools Door and Window change log.

scottjm_1-1681690285286.png

What version of the addon were you guys running?

I'm pretty confident ever since I deactivated the addon on my projects I've not had any issues with properties disappearing.

I've requested further info from CI to confirm these bugs were the cause of the issue.