Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Schedule - single cell Format Options

Paolo Pi
Booster

Hi everyone.

I am afraid I already have the answer to this question, but I want to be 100% sure.

Is it possible to change Format Options (f.ex text in Italic instead of Regular) to only selected cells of a schedule instead of an entire item (f.ex the Header or the Value cells)?

I am pretty sure it´s not possible. Please contradict me 🙂

Paolo Piras, Architect
AC25 (since AC19), windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

You should be able to change the bold/italic/underline and justification individually for each of the headers, but not the rest of the cells.

Font, size and colour affect all headers at the same time.

At least this is the case in version 22 - i don't have anything else open at the moment.

BarryKelly_0-1692838784715.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Barry Kelly

You should be able to change the bold/italic/underline and justification individually for each of the headers, but not the rest of the cells.

Font, size and colour affect all headers at the same time.

At least this is the case in version 22 - i don't have anything else open at the moment.

BarryKelly_0-1692838784715.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Paolo Pi
Booster

Thanks for your reply Barry. 

Do you know if Graphisoft is taking into consideration improving these features in the schedules?

The text formatting is really bad and it would be great to have the possibility to personalize and have a nicer-looking result.

Have a nice day.

Paolo

Paolo Piras, Architect

There are new features coming in 27, but not individual editing of cell text formats that I can see.

Other than what I showed before.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Paolo.

Would it be possible to see an example of what you’re wanting to achieve? This can help us as we make improvements in the future.

Thanks.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Paolo Pi
Booster

Hi James.

It would be great to be able to change the format in one single cell or in a raw of a schedule.

What I can do today is change the Format option of a selected Item (for example the item Value). What I would like to do is change the background color or change the text to Italic in a single specific Value cell, like the one marked in the screenshot.

Basically having the possibility to edit any single cell independently like you can do for example with Excel.

Thanks.

Screenshot -schedule .png
Paolo Piras, Architect

Hi Paolo.

And what is it about that particular cell that you want to highlight it differently to the other cells?

Thanks.

James Badcock
Paolo Pi
Booster

I just want to highlight the cell, for example to show which part of the schedule or which information has changed after a revision. 

In general to have the freedom to change the aspect (format of the text, color of the background etc...) of the cell for bare aesthetic reasons.

Thanks.

Paolo Piras, Architect
Paolo Pi
Booster

As an example, I would like to edit the schedule like this.

(this is done in Excel)

Screenshot -schedule edited.png

Paolo Piras, Architect

Hi Paolo, it seems that what you're after is probably something like rule based formatting - like Excel does. Based on a certain value, a cell is coloured/formatted accordingly. We've also seen this request come up a few times, but I'll add your example too.

James Badcock