BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Schedule - wall and other types

Polar Bear
Booster

Hello,

I am making a wall schedule and was wondering if it's possible to have the ID / wall type ID linked automatically in the schedule without using the parent/ element id?  Somewhat like revit, where we can use types as the reference, reducing the chance of error and reducing the time.  As far as i have been using schedule in archicad, we need to ensure the proper element id is given to each object in order to have the listing correct in the schedule.  Time consuming and need to ensure all wall type (for example) have the same id...

Not sure if i have been clear?

Thanks a lot

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 20.12.05.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 20.11.47.png
Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kmitotk
Advocate

Don't set the classifications to All. Remove Materials from the selection. Component schedule reads both element and component data. It gets confused when the same property is assigned to both the element and its components (building materials). See if it works.

Kei Mito

Architect | Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager
ArchiCAD 26 & 27 JPN USA & INT | Windows 10

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kmitotk
Advocate

Instead of the element ID, use the attribute name (Composite name) for the wall type ID. If the composite name should say more than the wall type ID then create a custom property named Wall Type and use the expression to split the name to display only the ID part.

Kei Mito

Polar Bear
Booster

Thanks a lot...  I think i m almost there, but it's not working.

In the schedule i sort with the new property i created. The it does not sort the wall / composite type.

Do you see something i am doing wrong?

thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 23.37.34.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 23.37.42.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 23.37.28.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 23.37.48.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 23.41.00.png
Archicad 25 - 5010
kmitotk
Advocate

Did you assign classification to the Type property? See "Availability for Classifications" section.

Also, for the wall schedule criteria, the element type should be Wall instead of All Types.

Kei Mito

Polar Bear
Booster

Thanks

Ok, i have set the element type to wall.

About availability for classifications: i have set to ALL.

Still it's not sorting by type 😕

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 01.29.21.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 01.29.27.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 01.29.39.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-02 at 01.29.46.png
Archicad 25 - 5010
Solution
kmitotk
Advocate

Don't set the classifications to All. Remove Materials from the selection. Component schedule reads both element and component data. It gets confused when the same property is assigned to both the element and its components (building materials). See if it works.

Kei Mito

Polar Bear
Booster

It works.   Thanks a lot.

Needed to use classification v2.0.  correct?

Thanks!

Archicad 25 - 5010
kmitotk
Advocate

It doesn't matter which classification system to use. Just try to avoid assigning the same property to the classifications for both the elements and the building materials if you intend to use that property in the component schedule especially when the property definition is expression based. Expressions don't work for the building material properties, and since the component schedule reads both the element and building material properties it will result in error, which was I believe what happened in your case.

Kei Mito

Learn and get certified!