BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Schedule zone by buildings...

Llian
Advocate

I have two separate towers within the same lot. 

1. How do I separate the schedule into two separate sub-totals by levels [stories] ?

2. How do I calculate the leasable area efficiency [% leasable to gross floor area] ?

Right now I have both on the same sub-totals in the Schedule - See screenshot.

I have to manually entered them into Excel…a lot of duplicate work! 

Thank you

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 9.58.12 AM.png
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
8 REPLIES 8
Chris Grantham
Advocate

If i understand this correctly you could just add a property that breaks out the zone by building and create subtotals in your schedule.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 5.12.38 PM.png
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005

Thank you Chris…what do you mean by "add a property"?

Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

he means using this...

GerryLeonor_0-1678940313561.png

creating a new Property & associating elements to them.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

Thanks Gerry…not sure if this is in AC20…will check it out. 

Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA

Oh jeez, I just noticed you are on Version 20.  I think user defined properties were introduced on that version, but I could be wrong.  If it is available can just create a property that defines the building number/type or however you would like it to appear, and make sure that property is accessible and definable within zones.  

16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005

Thanks Chris…the link to the version brought me back to my first Archicad 4.55 in 1994…and will consider AC 30 if I am still around lol

Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
BrunoH
Expert

I don't know in your country but in mine the standard Archicad library labels for zone allow to set and display information like apartment ID and name, Position, Building number and Function.

Capture d’écran 2023-03-21 à 17.04.45.png

You can use them as schedule fields, they can be find under Library Elements Parameters.

Capture d’écran 2023-03-21 à 17.09.22.png

  

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Not sure how your project is structured, but if it is possible to save a module of each tower separately, you could filter things by the Master ID of each module of each tower. For example 'Tower 1' and 'Tower 2' as Master ID's. These will get added in front of every element ID in those modules.

You could either make a new PLN for the schedule, or just put these modules on a master layer that you hide and put both of them outside your main model or give those master layers a intersection group that isn't used by anything else.

If both towers are already separate PLN files, you can just hotlink those PLN files and use the same method as described above. You just need to update the modules after changes.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!