BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Show property lines and setback lines on multi-story bldg?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there -

Pretty new to ArchiCAD and I can't seem to figure out how to show the 2D property lines and setback lines on multiple stories? I put them on their own layer but they only seem to want to show up on the main level they're drawn on and not other levels...not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I click on the properties for the line I don't see an option for which stories it appears? Any help on the best way to get them to show up on the other stories would be appreciated...thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
Lines and polylines won't show in several stories. You have several options though:
1. Use a mesh to model the terrain.
2. Use a morph: draw the contour and delete the resulting center surface, leaving only the edges. The downside of this is that curved edges are not real curves.
3. Use the Grid Element Tool. Downside is you'll need to do one side at a time. The benefit is these can be shown in sections/elevations.
4. Use a scripted object: there are several ways you can script a simple object and it can be shown in all stories. I coded my own property polyline object.

You can use a combination of these: maybe a mesh for the terrain (when model is bigger than lot), a morph for the lot property lines and grids for the setbacks (so they show in sections/elevations).

Hope that helps a bit.
Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I use a morph line or a thin/small morph volume to indicate heights, borders +++ Shows both in 3D and in facades. Like in the image below.

sinceV6: I´m curious about this object you have made. Can you tell a bit more about it?
screenshot.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both for the tips.

Einar I think the way you suggested works well for what I'm trying to do - just using a morph. I can change the line types to get dashed setback lines and property lines etc. Works great - thank you for the help!
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!