BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Surveyor Coord Object Question

Aurasphere
Advocate

Location info is usually all handled by the consultant and the xyz text imports perfectly

BUT

The DA I am submitting needs every tree and shrub, and fallen log etc all located.

I have been able to traverse to google maps and get a reasonable benchmark to measure off and I have placed the survey point in archicad...all good so far

HOWEVER

I need to indicated surveyor info, such that when council goes on site, they can use their gps to input etc so my question is

1. Once I have placed the survey point, how do I get the coord object to read off in survey units? I cant figure

2. Also, I was hoping to log all the info, plant pic, id into a spreadsheet and have a qr generate. This would then be placed as a layout sheet so that the items can be read from te QR and located easily

3.Has anyone done this type of thing with a reference?

Operating system used: Windows

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

4 REPLIES 4
mthd
Ace

Hi @Aurasphere, is there anything in the NSP workflow guide on the GS learning portal that might shed light on how to do what you are requesting ? I haven’t read through it yet but it is free for SSA forward clients.

Looks like the NSW planning regulations are really clamping down in your area. Especially if they want every tree, shrub and log documented. I was in NSW about a decade ago and my surveyor took care of the trees and any adjacent buildings.

Bushfire regulations were starting to tighten up in those days. So I had to design in accordance with the bushfire code and since some surrounding land was owned by the council. I asked them to clear up the land to reduce the fuel load. My client who was a retired fireman who had his own report ready.

There is always a balancing factor with protecting trees and preventing bushfires by reducing fuel loads. All the best with it.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

I wish I knew re: NSP(?) but Im very disappointed in Central Innovation...they have no brains trust there anymore and I barely get 1 question in 20 sorted. To the point that even though, atm I am using a legtimate license with SSA under as a contractor, they are saying that their support doesnt cover that so sort my stuff out on the forum...here. The way it looks as though there is a plant from Autodesk there being paid to sabotage GS...Im not joking

Its mainly Blue Mountains City Council and I was warned. Have literally dealt with 100s of DA sets to other councils and nothing like this but it does raise the issue of house to deal with this.
Ideally, I would use decent accuracy GPS unit and spot them but how to get that back into archicad, I dont know. I could easily put an interim object that could pick from a list of trees (from text file) and move itself into position but I need an object first to see how it does it...but I cannot see anything so far.

It is all tied into the bushfire APZ as well but I can deal with all that once I have the tree plan done. The surveyor has done all the large trees but I had no idea they needed like nearly everything

Cheers

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

As an SSA client you can get that guide for free as it may provide some direction in what to do. I was dealing with the Port Stephens council when in NSW.

I hope you don’t have to physically go to the site with the surveyor’s plan to mark out every tree, shrub and log ? That’s complete madness, they are probably protecting the red belly black snake or the brown snake that might be living in the fallen logs ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
scottjm
Advisor

Are you able to send a screenshot with what you are trying to display?

What info you have placed into the survey point. 

When you surveyor units are you talking Easting and Northings?

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!