BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Transmittal Date includes timestamp and Publisher set rename issues

ATS
Booster

In my Layout index the "Transmitted Date"  field show timestamp as well, as a quickfix I've made the column smaller to hide the time, but resulting in ellipsis at the end of the date:

Transmital date shows time.png

Transmital date quickfix.png

Is it possible to get date and time seperated in two fields so we can show only date alone? 

There is a similar weird combination in publisher set rename function where you can use "Source Item ID" and "Source Item Name" individually, but "Folder name" include both the Folder ID and its name in a single field: 

Source Item and folder.png

Is there any hope to have these Fields seperated, either by Graphisoft or through other tricks?

AC27 NOR 4060 (WIN)
6 REPLIES 6
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

No trick that I'm aware of. We've added a custom field to our layout scheme for the date.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

There's no "First transmitted date" field either and most clients expect an initial distribution date to follow the whole process, so I've made a custom field for that, but revision dating I'll keep to my quick fix then with the "..." after the date and hope no one gets worried about it.

All non-automated fields become a liability that needs extra checking all the time sadly.  

AC27 NOR 4060 (WIN)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

We sort by 'current issue' and set all the layouts per issue at once. It's pretty fool proof so far. Another perk is that you are not tied to the system date for setting a date. Sometimes the date on our layouts is mentioned in other contract documents and for larger projects the actual transmittal date rarely lines up with the system date.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

All that said, I can see zero benefit in having the time added in a date stamp.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
ATS
Booster

Yeah, I use the internal revision field object on layouts and there the field marked "Transmittal set date" does not show time stamp so they even have some work-around themself to avoid this.

ATS_0-1687787029457.png

If fields actually showed the info they logically intended it wouldn't be an issue at all.

AC27 NOR 4060 (WIN)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

The software we use to write the architectural specifications just has a simple 'use system date' tick and then a pull down box from the calendar if you want to set your own date. You'd think this one isn't too hard to figure out how to implement.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!