What Underlined and Italic Attribute names mean in Attribute Manager?

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

You may have noticed, that sometimes when you open the Attribute Manager there are several Attributes that have italic and/or underlined fonts. But what do they mean?

Underlined:

In Teamwork, you have the option to create new attributes in a project, most of the time even without reserving them. To help you see which attributes are already in the central model (and visible to others as well), and which are the ones that you have created, but have not yet sent in to the server, ARCHICAD marks these unsent Attributes by underlining them.

wp-content_uploads_2018_01_Unsent-Attributes-1024x720.png

Italic:

GDL elements (such as objects, doors, windows, etc.) have the ability to create attributes (these can be fill patterns, line types, surfaces, and building materials). Attributes defined by them are usually created when the Library is loaded, and appear in the Attribute list in italic. You can delete these attributes if it is in the way for you, but they will be regenerated the next time the library is loaded (or the specific object is used). If you want to remove them from your project permanently, first identify which object is using/creating them, and delete those first. After that, the Attributes shouldn't reappear again.

wp-content_uploads_2018_01_GDL-generated-Attributes-1024x720.png
Comments
MaFarine
Booster

Hello,

What would be the best way to identify the objects that create these attributes ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Mathieu

Barry Kelly

Usually the object/s name has the word 'Master_GDL' in it.

This forces them to be run when the library is loaded and the attributes are added to your file.

They could be in a linked library or in your embedded library.

Barry.

MaFarine
Booster

Yes I figured that it had something to do with that item.

Thanks !

The thing is that, apparently, even after deleting them they reappear some time after (days or weeks) in the embedded library (but no attribute was used).

Mathieu

Barry Kelly

I think if you link modules, that can bring the files back into the embedded library.

You have to edit the modules as well.

I am not sure if even just copy & paste from one file to another is enough to transfer them as well.

Maybe also Teamwork comes into play if you are using that.

Also I think some 3rd party libraries can create these MASTER_GDL files.

Barry.

Still looking?

Browse more articles

Back to articles

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!