Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Zone Stamp - show room dimensions?

MikeD
Contributor

AC24

Does not seem possible.  Saw a post from 2005 about a script, but that is beyond my knowledge.

Found an object online as well, but that is twice as much work.  Zone stamp to show area, then object over that to show dimensions.  Can change font etc. 

Add-on somebody created?

Screen Shot 2023-09-07 at 2.01.02 pm.jpg

AC 24, 27" imac 3.7ghz i5, 40gb ram, radeon pro 580x 8gb, mojave 10.14.4
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

The problem is zones can be placed automatically based on the walls (or zone boundary lines).

And they will re-shape as you update them.

So they can be absolutely any shape at all and won't necessarily have nice x & y dimension as in your image.

That is why it is best to use an object with stretchy nodes.

I guess you could script a zone stamp (or now a zone label) that has stretchy hotspots as well, but you will always have to stretch these manually as there is no way Archicad could know what nodes you want to measure.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes, for odd shapes it would not be 100% accurate, but at least could give an estimate.  A script could calc average and take into account the shape for best estimate. 

For easy shapes though should be a setting in the tool already.  Faster than deciphering dimension lines.

AC 24, 27" imac 3.7ghz i5, 40gb ram, radeon pro 580x 8gb, mojave 10.14.4