Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Zone shedule - sorting with zone categories

Ansis Zirnis
Participant

Hi, everyone!

I been using on and off ArchiCAD for 10+ years, last few years used Revit, but now when coming back to ArchiCAD (now 25 version), I found that my old way of sorting zone shedule doesnt work fully anymore (last time on AC17 it worked fine). 

I use different type of zone category for zone types and floor types. If in shedule I dont filter out zone categories, it works fine (pictures below)

AC_FAQ_01-nefiltrets.JPG

AC_FAQ_02-nefiltrets.JPG

But when I start filtering by zone category (because I want only 1st Floor shedule, not whole building), it adds empty rows (when I uncheck merge items and select some of empty rows in model, it shows doors and windows).

AC_FAQ_03-filtrets.JPG

AC_FAQ_04-filtrets.JPG

In older ArchiCAD versions I didnt met such issues. How to get rid of this empty rows? If in criteria I add, that "element type IS NOT doors, windows and so on" it doesnt remove them. Maybe Im missing something obvious?

ArchiCAD file of the example is attached.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. After posting noticed that total areas count is messed up, it is most likely becouse I deleted most of the model, for lower file size. Please ignore that inconsistancy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Expert

You need to add brackets around your 2 last criteria as your have the or qualifier.  

Without the brackets in your current criteria config it will filter a Zone or basically anything thing else. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
scottjm
Expert

You need to add brackets around your 2 last criteria as your have the or qualifier.  

Without the brackets in your current criteria config it will filter a Zone or basically anything thing else. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Damn, that was THAT simple and obvious. Thank you. 
I somehow managed to ignore bracket using in criteria filtering as a whole, for all these years.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!