Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

changing layer combination assinged to schedule view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there anyway way to change the layer combination for a schedule view? I found this thread - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=115043&highlight=schedule+layer+combination#1150... - that refers to how the layer combination is initially set, but unlike all my other plan/section/etc. views, I can't change the combination for my schedules - the option is greyed out.
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Schedules don't use layers.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Pacifico
Booster
In the Scheme settings of your schedule you can add criteria that will allow you to include or exclude layers, but not layer combos..
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I know, but they still have layer combinations attached to them (at least mine do). If I am viewing my electrical plan view, it's set to the electrical plan layer combo, but as soon as I open up the electrical schedule, the layer combo changes to something completely different - I guess whatever combo was active when I created the view of the schedule.

Problem is that that combo turns off the electrical layers so I can't edit or view anything from the schedule without manually showing those layers and I can't change the layer combo for the schedule view since it's greyed out.
TomWaltz
Participant
I know what he's getting at. If a layer is locked when a schedule view is made, when you open the View, that layer is locked, so you can't edit the elements on that layer in the schedule.

It's a real pain. I can't remember ever coming up with a solution to that one short of deleting and re-creating the View.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I know what he's getting at. If a layer is locked when a schedule view is made, when you open the View, that layer is locked, so you can't edit the elements on that layer in the schedule.

It's a real pain. I can't remember ever coming up with a solution to that one short of deleting and re-creating the View.
that's exactly it! And I'm thinking, as you say, I will have to re-create the views with special attention to what the active layer combo is.
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
Yeah, sorry. I should have read the linked thread to see what you were after.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB