BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

dimension visibilty

Anonymous
Not applicable
there is something simple that i'm missing here, but i've placed a dimension that won't show up on the layout. i have it on the same layer as other text which is visible on the layout, same pens, display order is front, so i'm at a loss. why won't it show on the layout?
wb
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Most likely, - you have a mismatch of either or both of these:

1) Always place views layouts on the Archicad layer (always on). To check this open layout,
right click on the offending placed view, with it highlighted look at the info box and take note of the layer it is on. Change if necessary.

2) While the layout drawing is still selected: Right click again, select "Modify Source View Settings",
make sure the layer combo is what you think it should be. Sometimes we muck about before placing
the view to layout and wind up saving with the wrong layer combo.

The workflow is Project Map -> View Map -> Layout -> Publisher. Each one
builds on the last. (You didn't ask, but it's all related).

Oversimplified but helpful to think of it this way.
The project map is composed of floor plans, elevations, etc.
The view map is phenomenally powerful VIEW of those PROJECT floor plans.
The layout is the "paper" that the VIEWS are placed on.
The publisher is a one click "print/plot that stack of layouts".

Snap
PS We all double check our work only to discover it requires a triple check.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks so much, i'll give it a go
wb
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is most likely a problem with your view settings and partial structure display. If your floor plan view shows finishes and you created the dimensions with partial structure display set to "core only", the dimensions will disappear.
Learn and get certified!