Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

hyperlinking as a property

Graham Whipple
Enthusiast

Is it possible to generate a functional hyperlink that can be used while actively working on modeling elements? For example this might be a something pulled from the properties and used in a label, or even when reviewing the element settings to have a usable link that can be added in the properties.

I believe this funcationality works in BIMx, but I don't see how this works in the main software.

As a working process we have a need to validate information back and forth with external external sources of information and would really like to be able to tie a hyperlink to an element that would connect us to an external URL.

Any thoughts on this?

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 14 Sonoma

Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
4 REPLIES 4
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @Graham Whipple 

As far as I know URLs can be added as properties, displayed as labels and scheduled.

What are you looking for? Kind of a click button to launch an Internet explorer?

Regards. -

RicardoLopez_1-1714504980886.png

RicardoLopez_0-1714504965529.png

RicardoLopez_2-1714505018232.png

RicardoLopez_4-1714505215925.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Ricardo, 

thanks for the response. I believe this works only once the document is published to pdf. 

Ideally I would like to see functionality that would allow a live connection while actively working in Archicad. For example if I select an object or element, go to the settings and could open the link from that location. Or if a label was already connected to an object/element the label could be linked to an external URL and by right clicking the menu would offer a "open external URL" recognizing the property field with the link. (Kind of like opening source view or linked views internally)....

I have an externally linked database (through IFC) and would like to have a shortcut that could take me to a specific location within the database quickly rather than needing to navigate in Archicad, copy a URL, paste the URL or to navigate in the external database to the correlating data.

It is kind of a big wish, but apparently other software options allow for a direct external URL link. I thought this would be possible in Archicad, but can only see how this works through publishing to pdf or in BIMx.

Graham

Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA

HI @Graham Whipple 

I get your point and it would be great. While that wish comes true, you can hover your mouse over the URL link in the schedule and an Open link in browser pop-up will appear. It is better than nothing. 😉

Regards.

RicardoLopez_0-1714506699662.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

Ricardo, Thanks for that reminder. Yes this may allow some degree of functional workflow for what we are doing. I appreciate your insights on this. 

Graham

Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA

Setup info provided by author