Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ideas on a high multi story

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi ,

having a new High ( actually very high ) building , still didn't even started the designing phase , i am helping the team with the CAD issues .

any one with ideas ( DOs and DON'Ts ) for every thing starting from the conceptual design to the end , would be really a great help .

because now i am thinking that for the beginning modeling and having basic zones is ok and easy , but i am not sure if its the same model that will work for more details and next step ( sharing the project ) using hot linked modules . layers system ?

i think i will need help in this for a while , and it will be an updated topic .

so please any advices at this point ?

Thank you all

EDIT :
oops !! seems i posted this in the wrong section !! don't know whether i should open it again in another section ?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doing my homework , searching the forum
but still need all ur 2 cents ( i am gathering a fortune of all ur 2 cents here )
Rod Jurich
Contributor
whatever wrote:
Doing my homework ,/....
whatever, your sig shows 1040, latest Int is 1114.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may be useful to you. Download the pdf document found here -

http://archicadwiki.com/Big_Building_Whitepaper

Might be just what you are looking for!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod wrote:
whatever wrote:
Doing my homework ,/....
whatever, your sig shows 1040, latest Int is 1114.
mmm..so time to check my signature yeah ? thanx
Djordje
Ace
Moved where appropriate.

Definitely check the Big Building Whitepaper, keeping in mind when it was written and the Archicad version at the time.

Brush op on modules.

Build up A LOT of patience - the work will require discipline from the users, and that is always lacking.

Good luck ... unless I hear some screams from northwest 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx for moving the topic

and thanx for all the advices , i am aware of the Big buildings white paper , i double checked it though .

actually my biggest concern right now , is to use methods that are able to be developed with the life time of the project .

so i am trying not to select any of those ( oops ... its better to start it again .. editing this and putting it on the right track will take longer ) , i am trying to avoid that . although to tell you the truth its very few times when i faced that in archicad .

but for example , for now i am thinking , for the first step ( the design and schematic drawings ) it would be lovely to have an acceptable balance between the modeling and the documentation , but this thing needs that all the designers have a more than medium knowledge of archicad .

so there concern now will be just focusing on the modeling part , which makes sense , but this means that when we pass this step , we have to almost re-arrange everything , again which is acceptable , but i was just looking for any ideas which you always had

and Djordje , the island is quiet and i will make my best to keep it so

i will be on your side this week again , hope i can be in touch