Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

visual tagging of LOD in the model?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I have a very interesting thought about how to visually tag elements by their readyness for quantity take off (just an example). We're in a project where the builder is using Vico and in our early model we need to tell the builder which quantities they can use. Right now we add a simple tag in the ID-field and it works great for the builder who can search for this tag and colorize in Solibri. The only downfall is the we can't see directly which elements that have a certain tag. We can use Find&Select resulting in that all elements with a tag gets marked...but it's not very user friendly.

Basically I would want a new parameter, for example LOD that I can hook up in schedules and Find&Select.

Also the LOD should be coloured in 2D and 3D...LOD 100 (sketch)=green, LOD 200=red etc...

Wish list or is it only me?

Any clever suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sure you use a Content Plan to go along with the model. In this CP you should state the LOD of each elements, preferably organized by layers.

Postulating on that, I would imagine that using the layer name to indicate de LOD of all included elements would be the easiest way to incorporate that kind of info in the model, and export it into VICO (for instance).

You would have to have a coherent LOD for each layer, which seems to me to be good practice anyway, and when the LOD gets an upgrade you "just" have to change the layer name.

As for colors you could use the same system. Assign specific materials to each layer, and further down the road change the color of the material assigned (for instance through the attribute manager).

Of course, having the ability to include tags on each element would be great, but would also rise the question of interopere... interoperu... interoperabu... exchange between softwares. Thus, it would be a good idea to look into IFC parameters, to see if they are up to the job (pity ArchiCAD 15 does not let you include those parameters in schedules).
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Krippahl wrote:
I am sure you use a Content Plan to go along with the model. In this CP you should state the LOD of each elements, preferably organized by layers.

Postulating on that, I would imagine that using the layer name to indicate de LOD of all included elements would be the easiest way to incorporate that kind of info in the model, and export it into VICO (for instance).

You would have to have a coherent LOD for each layer, which seems to me to be good practice anyway, and when the LOD gets an upgrade you "just" have to change the layer name.

As for colors you could use the same system. Assign specific materials to each layer, and further down the road change the color of the material assigned (for instance through the attribute manager).

Of course, having the ability to include tags on each element would be great, but would also rise the question of interopere... interoperu... interoperabu... exchange between softwares. Thus, it would be a good idea to look into IFC parameters, to see if they are up to the job (pity ArchiCAD 15 does not let you include those parameters in schedules).
Dear Miguel,

A kind of content plan will be created but the tricky thing regarding LOD is that since we are pretty early in the process, although having a really nice model, we have no consistent LOD...a few apartments are still not decided while some are...this goes for all... it's a pretty random way from LOD 200 to 300 since we kind of work all over the building reacting on the builders and owners wishes.

Layers=no no...need to have the correct layer codes for dwg-export.

I did a new Pset in AC15 (dead simple) but as you mention it's not "hookable2 in schedules, nor Find&Select, nor it can be colour coded in 3D. Also I thought I could make a new Pset to work with all elements but I didn't find out a way to do that. Maybe me lacking the knowledge!?

Anyway very interesting to finally deliver to Vico.
And Interruptabi...operinterality....ah....IFC is good stuff!

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:

Layers=no no...need to have the correct layer codes for dwg-export.

Mats
That is an easy one. Use DWG/DXF translators.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!