Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D navigation and disappearing objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi:

While navigating in 3D mode (Open GL Shading) most objects disappear. They re appear when I stop moving around making it very difficult to show the 3D space.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13
I can confirm this behavior in AC22. We have the model in national coordinates, 70 km away from the origin point.
Also, the wireframe of selected morphs does not correspond with the actual geometry, it's off.

The registry hack is useful for disappearing objects but at the end of each navigation command, it has to refresh the window. Sometimes it's not so snappy, sometimes it's OK.

I wish Graphisoft would fix this origin problem once and for all, it's not that complicated, isn't it? I have no idea how to draw in national coordinates without using cumbersome workarounds such as hotlinking the building model .
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
To draw in National coordinates don’t you simply use the survey point object and set the latitude and longitude in the project info
sboydturner wrote:
To draw in National coordinates don’t you simply use the survey point object and set the latitude and longitude in the project info
Could you explain how ?
I want to be able to add a coordinate object and get the national coordinates.
I know how to use the survey point and also set the latitude longitude, the rest I'm missing...
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Besides the Survey Point object, we have 'dimension coordinate' object, I don't know the exact english name, as we work with a localised Dutch library, but this should be part of the standard archicad library.

You can specify an offset for the XYZ coordinates and just place that anywhere in your project and it will show the correct 'world' XYZ.

I also specify (by near estimate) the longitude and latitude for project location and set up the north direction.

If I get files that are following our national coordinates, these are allways drawn with 1 drawing unit = 1 meter, and the Netherlands is TINY, I would hate to think of using a project in 1 drawing unit = 1 mm in real world coordinates
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5