BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ARCHICAD CAN'T FIND NAS SERVER

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

To describe the problem from the beginning. For some reason I do not know, Archicad could not start the photo rendering settings. After looking for various solutions, I came up with the this one: when i try to open the program from a folder in my NAS server I have the problem with the photo rendering. If I copy the file to a folder in the local disk of my computer it has no problem at all.
After deleting the program and installing it again, i saw that it doesn't recognize the NAS server at all (can't save or open a file from there). Does anyone know what might be the cause of that? What can I change in Archicad so that it can identify the requested folders from the server?

Archicad version 23 - Windows 10 pro

Thank you in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Miha_M
Advisor
Please put some info about your Archicad version, operating system and hardware into your signature, it's way easier for people who might be able to help you to identify the problem and possible solution this way.

If I understand this the right way you have Archicad installed on a network drive, not on a local hard disk?
This goes beyond my knowledge, but it seem it might be an OS - Archicad relation connected limitation.
I'd put the Archicad installation on a local hard drive, on a ssd, if possible. I can't even imagine how much the software response time has to suffer having all you data channeled over the network.

If it's just a project file on a NAS, then I can't reproduce your problem. Rendering setting and rendering works without any problems with an archived v22 file on a Qnap NAS.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply Miha. I have Archicad installed on a local hard disk (SSD), not a network drive.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Dimitris,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

From your description, it sounds like Archicad does not have sufficient rights to access the NAS drive. Could you tell us a bit more about which Archicad version and Operating System are you using?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Minh and thank you for your reply,

The problem is exactly as you described it. I am using the 23 version of Archicad and it is installed in a Windows 10 pro operating system.

Kind regards,
Dimitris
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for the information!

We rarely have reports on using NAS server on Windows. What do you mean by "doesn't recognize the NAS server at all"? Can Archicad navigate inside the NAS but cannot open any file, or it can't even see the NAS at all?

I'm wondering which NAS model you are using? Which protocol is used to mount the drive?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!