Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Apple Magic Mouse, Magic Prefs, Pan/Zoom

Robert Nichols
Advocate
What are people doing to use Apple Magic Mouse with ArchiCAD? The Magic Mouse preference items that showed up in the Work Environment options a few versions ago don't quite get me where I want to be.

My preferred configuration is one-finger "scroll" (as if the mouse had a wheel) to zoom, and two-finger press like a middle button for zoom. I've used Magic Prefs to get this config quite successfully, but it hasn't been supported for awhile, and it now makes from rough scrolling in web brokers and other apps. I would like to get the behavior I want natively: just with mac preferences and ArchiCAD preferences.

Is anyone doing that?
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
I am quite happy with the default MM settings, the bit that has troubled me for years is the conflict with the ALT key switching between zoom and pan which also toggles copy. This is hard coded and GS don't seem to have a solution to change that action to a different key. I have to make a serious effort to check when dragging things about that the copy mode is on or off as needed for the action and hasn't changed mode.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon
Has been discussed before. My preference is still BetterTouchTool

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/search.php?keywords=bettertouchtool
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Robert Nichols
Advocate
Excellent! I knew this problem had been addressed previously. Could not find it.

Thank you so much, Eduardo.
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
jkershaw
Enthusiast

I gave up on Magic Prefs a while back, and I now use Middle (MiddleClick.app). Super simple, works great, $8 USD. Might not do everything you want.

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5