Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 Crash on Startup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I just loaded ArchCAD 10 on a new Dell Precision computer 4 GB RAM Windows XP Pro SP2. However it crashes on start up. The splash screen comes up then crashes. ArchiCAD 9 runs great on the computer, I have tried unistalling re-installing but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
I`m sure that ArchiCAD 10 is not compatible with some programs but I don`t know with which ones! Is there any list of incompatible programs??? I have the same problem: It crashes on Startup and it start BUG REPPORTER automaticaly! I`m running the Student Version on a HP Pavilion dv9000 with AMD TURION64 x2, 1 GB DDR2, 256MB GeForce Go 7600, winXP MEDIA CENTER EDITION!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also a new user experiencing frequent random crashes with ArchiCAD 10 EDU version. I have followed the above advise regarding the McAfee suite and default printer setting, with no success. The random crashing would indicate a system issue, can someone please confirm if what im running could be causing the crashes?

Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz, 1.00 GB Ram, XP Pro, NVidia GeForce PCX 5750, Quicktime 7 (latest patches)

By my research this should be adequate to run the program with no problems.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found my problem! The problem is ACE MEGA CODECS PACK !!! When you add that compilation codecs QUICK TIME is uninstall and an old version is add to your computer!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im happy for you Gogu, wish i was having the some good fortune

The program seems to crash of its own accord soon after loading up when i attempt to load a file or alter a file or just about anything really :S. So im fairly certain that it is not a system issue, but more likely to be a software conflict like yours.
I have now uninstalled AC10, Acrobat and Quicktime and re-installed all 3 programs from the Graphisoft install pack which i re-downloaded as well. Ive also disabled Nortons but none of it has worked....im out of ideas now. Anyone got any idea of other programs that may be conflicting with AC10?

ps I dont have the ACE mega pack, and i cant think of any programs i have installed that would be doing a similar thing.
stefan
Expert
This is a difficult issue to solve.

Could it be Java-related? I know the ArchiCAD installer uses Java and I'm not completely sure about the 'second' splash screen: the get to know ArchiCAD one.

Try to upgrade Quicktime to the latest version. Maybe the Amyuni driver?

FWIW, our classroom is full of Precision 390 computers and they do work, but do not show the PDF output in the publisher.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply.

Java and Quicktime both with most recent updates.
Amyuni converter is version 2.09 and working ok.

AC10 loads both splash screens ok, just seems to shut down (no warning...just disappears) soon after starting a project. I recall reading something about autosave issues somewhere... could this be somehow involved?
I cant identify any particular action that is causing this problem, it seems as if its something the program itself is trying to do in the background that causes it to crash.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. i have the same problem, archi 10 crashes a while after loading , no wxvault.dll file in my system
sys is windows xp sp2 1gb ram p4 3.ghz

recently i've reinstalled windows and then this problem appeared. there was no crash before reinstall.

please help i need it very badly.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If you recently reinstalled Windows, then you might be running the Windows built-in video card driver, which supports only an outdated OpenGL version. Try updating the video card driver from the vendor's site.

In case of "misterious" crashes, number one "suspect" is always the video card, then comes QuickTime, printers then a broken WIBU key.

Read this:
http://archicadwiki.com/crash
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
My archicad also crashes on startup and have tryed everything on the forum so far. Any other ideas? any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If you got a bug reporter, send the ID to your local tech support.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft