BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD and simplified standard systems of operations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a small architectural practive and a better understanding of a sliderule than the computer that I use every day (a love/hate relationship!). Is there written system of the overall ArchiCAD program and how and WHY it works.... after 4 years of frustration it often appears like learning a language that has more exceptions than rules...much like French which to this American is a very foreign non-system. With an explanation of the logic perhpas some of the Why's will be answered so that for a new operation one will be able to know where to try or what could be place to find that box to check off and why...etc..

thanks, Paul
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Paul,
atelier wrote:
I have a small architectural practive and a better understanding of a sliderule than the computer that I use every day (a love/hate relationship!). Is there written system of the overall ArchiCAD program and how and WHY it works.... after 4 years of frustration it often appears like learning a language that has more exceptions than rules...
Spending some time with and experienced user will boost your productivitiy immensely. Or someone like Link. Look into the Resources forum - quite a bit of information there. Books, demos and online tutorials are all fine, but IMHO and IMHE nothing beats live contact. Also, try to attend an ArchiCAD event near you, or join a user group if available.

The basis of the sucess in using ArchiCAD is:

1. Understanding how it works
2. Getting proper training
3. Creating a full template for your work

The next steps are then happening naturally.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dave Jochum
Advocate
atelier wrote:
Is there written system of the overall ArchiCAD program and how and WHY it works....
I suggest you contact Tom Simmons, the AC reseller in your region at 415-222-9919 or tsimmons@archvista.com . His website is archvista.com

He holds seminars and provides training and will also set you up with others.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Learn and get certified!