Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 24 to 25 switch

luchisty
Newcomer

I'm a student, and using Archicad 24 from last year. Currently I'm working on a new project, but would like to switch to 25th version. If I delete 24 and install 25, will I be able to open my work project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gabriella Monteiro
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hey luchisty! In short the answer is yes, you can open projects done in older versions while using AC 25. You can also check out this article for more information Migrating to Archicad 25 (graphisoft.com)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Gabriella Monteiro
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hey luchisty! In short the answer is yes, you can open projects done in older versions while using AC 25. You can also check out this article for more information Migrating to Archicad 25 (graphisoft.com)

Eduardo Rolon

Yes. On first open 25 will migrate the project. Also you can have both AC24 and AC25 installed in your system without issues.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend

@luchisty If you can, then you should keep AC24 in case you encounter a bug in AC25 that you can't work round and have to save back to AC24. I had this just yesterday with a legacy project I tried to use in AC25.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)