Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad crashed, previously saved file, was not in the recovery file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently had my Archicad file crash, and I re-entered the file, with a banner showing up with recover the file, and I had clicked that, however, the previous work before it had crashed (work I had done days prior and saved multiple times), was not there in the recovery file, that I had clicked. I am struggling to find a way to get it back, even if there is one.

I would have expected the recovery file would be the same as the one I had before it crashing, and have saved multiple times, but it isn't, would be nice if anyone could offer any insight or help!
2 REPLIES 2
Marc H
Advisor
Normally you will find a .bpn file in the same directory as your .pln, which is the prior saved version of your .pln. You can open that file and save as a new .pln.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Barry Kelly
The recovery file should be the latest changes you made to the file - so long as you have not down graded the auto save options in the Work Environment.

It certainly shouldn't be days old.

If you have saved recently then there should be a BPN (backup) file in the same job directory as Marc mentioned.
Again, so long as you have not turned of the backup option in the Work Environment.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11