Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad crashes on right-mouse click

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad keeps crashing on right-mouse click all the time, bug reporter window disappears so quickly that its impossible to capture desktop screenshot, i have newly installed fresh windows, I7 processor, GeForce GTX 630 and 24 GB of ram memory, latest version of NET Framework is installed, Microsoft visual C++ - all necessary packages are installed, It shows that the graphic card driver is the latest, full of free space on hard drive, tried to turn off antivirus and firewall, tried to turn of internet connection, tried reinstalling but nothing works, I installed the previous version (21) and the problem is exactly same with it, installed both versions (22 and 21) on another computer and the issue is still the same, just a week ago everything worked fine on my office PC, please let me know what might be the reason of these crashes if possible, i attached the log folder and bug reports to the email, please let me know if you will need any additional information, hope you will be able to help
21 REPLIES 21
Karl Ottenstein
This is not a technical support forum, but a user-to-user forum.

The log file / crash logs are something your country-specific technical support contact can help you with. The bug reporter window should not disappear - but should remain open displaying the crash number which should be reported to technical support.

For what its worth, I've never heard of an issue like this, much less happening on two different machines. Assuming both are Windows 10, there must be something else you have installed that is causing the issue. Antivirus? Anyway, do contact your local tech support.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
From user-to-user !!!
Hi, i have the same problem. New PC, new Windows 10 whit new ArchiCAD instalation. When i want to use menu buttons or right click on mouse, ArchiCAD crash. The same, bug report window disappear for blink. I talk with experts and trying everything what thei told me. The conclusion for this moment is problem with Windows. It is possible due to a new update. Soon I will know more.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly same issue here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issues here, from 5 days on. Tried everything apart from formatting my PC, which would be a very annoying way to try to resolve the problem. Moreover I noticed that the same issue is presenting itself even if you try to open any context menu.
No answer at all, but my work is queued.
Barry Kelly
Are you all Windows 10 users? (Alex I know you are).
Are you all using version 22?
Have you tried other versions of Archicad?

I have no answer as I am not having trouble with any Archicad versions myself.
Just trying to narrow down the cause.

Maybe it would be a good idea for you all to list your machine specs.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I got your exactly conf

I tried to rollback to archicad 21 and the same problem occours as well. My reseller said no similar problems have been found yet, I suppose it's a conflict between some .dll that contains codes for context menus, and windows itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My pc is newly build. I've tried both 21 and 22 versions. Funny thing is, same Archicad download works perfectly on my laptop. When I tried contacting support team in short I was told they won't do anything about my issue, so yeah I'm kind of out of ideas.
Anyways, my build:

-Operating System: Windows 10 Education 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
-System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
-BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/06/18 14:47:05 Ver: 05.0000D (type: BIOS)
-Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
-Memory: 8192MB RAM
-Available OS Memory: 8142MB RAM
-DirectX Version: DirectX 12
-Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Hope this issue will get resolved soon for me and the others. Best regards
Barry Kelly
Davide wrote:
Well I got your exactly conf

I tried to rollback to archicad 21 and the same problem occours as well. My reseller said no similar problems have been found yet, I suppose it's a conflict between some .dll that contains codes for context menus, and windows itself.

Well that is very confusing then.
I am having no troubles at all.

Also there is no need to roll back to version 21.
You can have as many versions of Archicad all installed at the same time - and they will not affect each other.
i.e. I have all versions from 15 to 22 installed and use what I need to use - sometimes 2 or 3 different versions are running all at the same time.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Because of the time (I got a deadline next week) I decided to format my pc and now it works. Hope that it's not a driver conflict and I'll stay with my eyes wide open to check which updates could cause the problem.