Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Trace Reference is so slow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there at the Forum are still having problems after the update fixes AC19-4011 that the decline in performance on the Trace Reference is activated when the great work will be very slow?
This is to make the selection on the Pet Palette Edge just so hard to zoom just barely and AC froze.
While I stop the work by activating the Trace Reference such as this will lead to the AC quit at any time, turn off some layers remain the same even very slow.
In the list of repairs
194 286 SPEED: Navigation on Floor Plan was very slow when both the Trace & Reference and the Renovation palette were turned on.
Why no change?
What effect does this apply to the use of OS ?, Windows 10 is so very slow.
Doing enlargement Curve Edge Palette will also be inaccurate.
Can I have the same opinion given through this?
Urgently need to speed this improvement in AC19
Please GS
28 REPLIES 28
DGSketcher
Legend
Not sure if GS are still reading this thread but I noticed something new today. I have a small single storey model which has required the use of the renovation filter for different versions. In the PLAN window, using another PLAN view with a different renovation filter as a trace again triggered the beachball.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Long time voyeur, first time poster.

I am having similar speed issues. I have two identical computers at work and home with the exact version of Windows, AC 21 and the same video drivers. The only difference between the two is that the home (sluggish version) is running 2 HD monitors. I have tried every suggestion on the forum from disabling background updates, turning on 2D acceleration, docking or closing palettes and turning off Trace. It is still slow - to the point of being nearly unworkable.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
ksweet1_nz wrote:
Hello,

Long time voyeur, first time poster.

I am having similar speed issues. I have two identical computers at work and home with the exact version of Windows, AC 21 and the same video drivers. The only difference between the two is that the home (sluggish version) is running 2 HD monitors. I have tried every suggestion on the forum from disabling background updates, turning on 2D acceleration, docking or closing palettes and turning off Trace. It is still slow - to the point of being nearly unworkable.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
So can you confirm that turning the Renovation Palette off did not fix your slow down when you had a Trace Reference on? Turning it off immediately takes care of the debilitating slow down I have when I have the Renovation Palette docked and a Trace Reference on.
I am certain that this is not a case of inadequate hardware.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
So can you confirm that turning the Renovation Palette off did not fix your slow down when you had a Trace Reference on? Turning it off immediately takes care of the debilitating slow down I have when I have the Renovation Palette docked and a Trace Reference on.
I am certain that this is not a case of inadequate hardware.

It was never the Renovation Palette as I never have it open. I came home to test it but everything is working fine all of a sudden. I had a power failure and the machine rebooted so it might be good for now. I have tried opening palettes, in many different formats and nothing. Working great. I think there might be a slight slow down with Trace Reference on but not enough to hinder work. Previously I could't even select elements without a full 5-10 second pause. I even turned Background updating back on.
How about the place that ArchiCAD saves back up files. Is that folder ok?
If you put some info about your ArchiCAD version, OS,Graphics Card, Processor, Memory, in your Profile Signature, it might provide some of the gurus with clues about your slow down. Too bad it wasn't a simple fix/work around like mine.

Does it help if you change or reload your Work Environment Profile?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Steve,

I added a signature (copying yours) after the last post. Hopefully it shows on this one.

The backup file saves to the default location on to an SSD drive with plenty of space. Should be okay.

I haven't reloaded the profile but will try that when/if it pops up again. Hopefully flipping a bunch switches shook it up enough to get it running.
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I run into this problem often and find that when I click somewhere on the project window as though I was starting a marquee/selection box, I can drag the view around with the Trace Reference on without any problems. Just hit ESC to exit the selection process when you are done dragging it around.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
MMontgomery wrote:
...I can drag the view around with the Trace Reference on without any problems. ...
Its not just Drag Reference?

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Steve wrote:
MMontgomery wrote:
...I can drag the view around with the Trace Reference on without any problems. ...
Its not just Drag Reference?
I should have written 'pan' instead of drag for clarity. When trace reference is on, there has been a significant performance hit when panning around the view. 'Drag Reference' hasn't been an issue.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have this problem and given my bread and butter is complex additions this is really affecting my workflow. I did solve the problem for awhile by updating the graphics driver manually but after an office move and network muck about where a lot of things were reset and updated that fix is no longer working.
I do note as I look back through this post that most of us who are having this problem are also running Nvidia cards. I am running a quadro M2000
I have sent a query off to Nvidia trying to confirm I have the correct driver update but I doubt I will even get a reply. I do not really know much about the complexities of the graphics cards but if someone does and can shed some light on this problem I would be most appreciative.
I have attached a screen shot of the graphics card system topology for those who speak this language.