BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

licensed version installed, still telling me "demo version"

Anonymous
Not applicable
i just installed a paid-for version of Archicad 16 i purchased about 7 months ago, but am being told my "demo version" has expired when i try to open the new installation.

i had the demo version installed previously. i installed Archicad 16 according to the instruction booklet, but the license option window never popped up during installation. (so i knew i would have a problem).

i googled and read somewhere that if i simply plugged in the key, it would be recognized and the demo stuff would go away. not true.

how do i open up the Archicad i just installed? and how do i tell my computer i am NOT using a demo version?

really annoying.

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
btw, i am using Windows Vista
Anonymous
Not applicable
problem solved --

when i flipped thru further into the booklet, it says the metal codemeter has to be remotely programmed.

so i went to the Graphisoft website and tried to do that -- still didn't work. so i re-installed Java, and it still didn't work.

so i restarted my computer with the key in it, and it still didn't work

so then, instead of using Firefox -- my default browser -- i tried Internet Explorer. eventually, that worked.

nothing worked in the sequence the Graphsoft booklet said (why??), it didn't work the way the key upgrade webpage said it would, and no one ever asked me which browser i was using.

anyway, it works now.

you guys must be sick of reading this over and over again...
Eduardo Rolon
It is a Sarturday so there are not that many people in the forums. You could have done a search and might have found this.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/licensing/

Which should avoid all the problems we were having upgrading our keys in the last few years.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, it doesn't open again. tells me "demo version" has expired.

i know the codemeter has been installed, because it worked a month ago when i last used it.

so sick of this.

any suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, problem solved again.

this time, all i had to do was unplug the codemeter and plug it back in a few minutes later. i see that the green light flashes if it registers correctly.

i hope this doesn't happen every time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running Mac OSX10.6.8 with a WIBU key and can open AC back to version 7 under Rosetta, later operating systems will restrict you to AC10, and Mavericks to AC12. I am currently in the process of upgrading to Mavericks, but will keep a separate hard drive or partition to be able to boot into OSX10.6.8 when needed. There are also File Converters on the Graphisoft web site to help with this.
Learn and get certified!