Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

AC17 Thermal Bridge Simulation ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are excitedly exploring 17 and there are some great features.
Looking at the integration of Ecodesigner Star (We did beta testing) I cant find Thermal Bridge Simulation.
Does anyone know the situation with this tool which worked well in the ED* Beta?
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
ED* is not part of 17 and is not released yet.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure you are correct, Karl.
This page from Graphisoft's website contains a video of the Thermal Bridge Analysis as a sustainable design feature of AC17: http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad_17/energy_evaluation/
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually on re-reading that page ED* is noted as coming soon but the Thermal Bridge Analysis is shown as built into 17
Karl Ottenstein
csparchitects wrote:
Actually on re-reading that page ED* is noted as coming soon but the Thermal Bridge Analysis is shown as built into 17
Agree, it's confusing. I'm going to change the subject of your thread from "AC17 New Features" and move it to the Sustainable Architecture forum in the hope that someone in the know will clarify.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The layout of the page has been now rearranged so that it is more easily visible what will be included only in ED Star. There is also a new EE-specific clip at the beginning.
Hopefully this will cause less confusion.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
The layout of the page has been now rearranged so that it is more easily visible what will be included only in ED Star.
Thank you for clarifying this, but we might be looking at different pages.

If one looks at http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad_17/energy_evaluation/, one will, indeed, see a number of videos placed below EcoDesigner STAR seal, however most of them display features available in AC17 and there is still no reference that Thermal Bridge Simulation is only available in EvoDesigner STAR.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
What exactly is EcoDesigner STAR? Is it an add-on that will add functionality to the out-of-the-box EcoDesigner? Will it be available at an additional cost? Is the only added benefit the Thermal Bridge Simulation? I can't seem to find clarification on this topic anywhere.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
stefan
Expert
It has been announced as being in beta but that it is more or less feature complete.

It provides energy simulation that is more advanced: more control, certified for certain standards, more information in the reports, export to phpp, thermal bridge simulation.

It will be a non-free add-on.

The integrated Energy Evaluation is a "lite" version: same calculation engine, large part same interface, accurate calculations but not certified and control over systems is only a list of presets.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Jere
Expert
Any idea if the thermal bridge simulation can have isotherms displayed?

Also, are the given psi-values appropriate for use in PHPP? (either manually entered or exported directly)
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660