BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

One Click LCA - Mac Plugin

Romans
Expert
In the currently aired Graphisoft Building Together | Connect Digital Event 2023, One Click LCA was promoted as the tool of choice when it comes to the integration of Archicad with 3rd party solutions for sustainability design. 
So I was wondering if Graphisoft encourages us Archicad users to go this path, then a compatible plugin for all Archicad Versions (Intel-Mac, ARM-Mac, Windows) should be available.
At the moment, it is not, unfortunately.
@GRAPHISOFT: Is there any cooperation with One Click LCA happening that will bring us also a AC-Mac-plugin in addition to the already available AC-Windows plugin?
Thank you
Kind Regards
Roman
Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest
4 REPLIES 4

While you need to build your own database of materials, have you tried Graphisoft Denmark's LCA tool?  https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Life-Cycle-Assessment-LCA-with-Archicad-s-Ec...

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for this advice! 
I am aware of this tool too. 

But I am wondering why GS is promoting a 3rd party solution and not one of their own (GS Denmark).....

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest

an ideal version would be to use the danish real time interface and scheduling and have it tap into one click's immense database.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Andy Thomson
Advisor

We don't need 3rd party software, we need to be able to add fields to this core GS file - we can add materials, even new groups of materials, we can rewrite values, but we can't add scope beyond A1-3. GS is missing what is right in front of their noses. 

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 22.27.04.png

Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!