BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Access denied to BIMcloud

Hi, I'm facing a very serious problem. Yesterday there was some kind of power outage that may have resulted in corrupted files on the server. Consequently this morning when trying to access teamwork files, there was an "Access Denied" next to each teamwork member, and "Not accessible" next to each project. See attached screenshot below:

Furthermore it seems that all Users including the masteradmin have been deleted/corrupted because when trying to open the BIMcloud Manager I always got the message "Invalid login name or password" and could not log in to the BIMcloud Manager. Furthermore when clicking "Lost password" and inserting my credentials there was an error "Client tried to access a not existing item (Error code 6)"

In my attempts to login to BIMcloud Manager I click on "Configure", where I set a new password for Masteradmin. Now I can log in to the BIMcloud Manager but there are no users and no Projects. What can I do to recover the files? Please help!!!
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
4 REPLIES 4
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

Achille managed to solve the issue on his own in the mean time. The BIMcloud Basic Manager's database file has been corrupted because of the power outage.

In case you experience something similar, please contact your local GRAPHISOFT reseller for help.

Kind regards,
Noemi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

In case anyone faces the same problem, here is what I did:

Go to BIM Server / Manager / Data, find the most recent .gz file and extract it, Disable the BIMcloud server, delete the plain (no extension) db, rename the extracted file to db, then re-enable the BIMcloud server.

You will need to delete, and add again the users in the client machines
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
I recommend everyone to read this article before you delete anything, as deleting the Manager database can cause data loss:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63211/

If you are not sure when the issue happened, please contact your support!

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Hello, i've just had the same problem, my collegue opened the teamwork file and it said access denied. I've found the backup file in the computer but it's not enough recent and i have lost a lot of work. it there another way to revole this problem tha doesn't not include redoin  the BIMcloud?

thank you 

Learn and get certified!