Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIMCloud server host pc slow booting

graffite
Newcomer

Hi everybody!

We have an annoying trouble with the BIMCloud host pc in the office. We have installed different version of BIMCloud Basic servers in the host pc and when we want to restart or boot this computer the booting time at least 20-30 minutes. Has anyone encountered such this problem? We have the same problem in different computer.

3 REPLIES 3
scottjm
Advisor

How many instances of BIMcloud basic are you running? It’s recommended to only run a single instance of BIMCloud per host machine. 

What specs is your host machine?

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

currently 3 versions AC v22/24/25 of BIMCloud basic running in a HyperV virtual maschine. Tha specs ryzen 5950X, 16GB RAM, 500GB HDD, RTX 2060. i think the specs can be enough for the server basis requirements.

If I may install every  BIMCloud basic to different virtual maschines, could it be solve this issue?

Not sure if this is the specific cause of the slow booting, but I would recommend more RAM. 16gb is probably not enough to run a single BIMCloud. Let alone 3. I would suggest at min 32 to run an instance. 
How big are the projects you have hosted and the number of BIMCloud users across all versions?

Splitting each BIMCloud to a separate VM is going to create further load due to the base load of windows for each VM. 

Are you running anything else on the host machine other than hyper v. If not, is there a specific reason you are running it as a VM and not just directly on the host. 
You would only want to run BIMCloud off a VM if they were hosted on dedicated server equipment. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe