Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Can 2 people send and receive at the same time?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can 2 people send and receive at the same time?
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
Yes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, if I have changes unsent to the server and my coworker does as well, on the same project, and we send and receive at the same time, you're saying that we will, in fact, receive all of the changes from the other person?

It seems not possible, but that is awesome if it's true.
And it makes me very wrong, I have been telling her to stop doing that for quite some time now because she is going to mess something up or lose something.

Did we used to NOT be able to do that? Some versions ago?
Eduardo Rolon
Not since TW02 was introduced if that happened with the version 01 I have no idea.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well - there ya go.

Thank you
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It was never possible for two people to send and receive at the same time and it is not possible currently either.
There is always an order Teamwork executes the send and receive requests.
It is never really possible that two people will send their requests at the exact same moment. So whichever gets to the BIM Server first will be executed first. So the first will send and receive changes. Then the second will send and receive changes. So for the first to get the changes the second just sent he/she needs to receive changes again.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
Just to clarify my answer. Lazlo is correct one will need to do two "Send+Receive" but you don't need to coordinate when or how you do it. Just press your keyboard shortcut and let TW sort it out.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo

OK - That is what makes sense to me, and what I was trying to explain to my coworker here.
Thanks for the clarification.

Onward. I'll keep with my "we should not send and receive at the same time" thing just for continuity.

But I understand that it is not dangerous for the BIM Server, as I also thought it was, for possibly losing information.

Is it OK to sign into a TW project at the same time?

Sorry, we just moved up from 13 and I still have buggy things from so many versions ago stuck in my head. . . .
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think sign-in is different in this regard because it takes more time. Sending and Receiving Changes may take only a few seconds, while with Sign In you have to download project data as well.
If I remember correctly: if you try to sign in while someone else is in the process of signing it, ArchiCAD will not let you until they are finished. I think the program will also tell you the reason why.
But I think you can simply try it and you will see how the program reacts, it should not cause any problem or crash or anything, I believe.

If you don't want to "gamble" you can just share a large enough file you do not really want to work on, just for the purpose of testing it out, then delete it from the BIM Server after the test.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27