Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Can't open downloaded bimcloud snapshot even though I have permissions

Stefan Videnov
Booster

Hi, I can't open a downloaded bimcloud snapshot. I have the permissions I am getting the following error message.

StefanVidenov_0-1698390263810.png

What could be the issue?

I'm using bimcloud basic and ac26

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

We can see a BIMProject file on your screenshot. It can't be opened directly in Archicad. 

There are two types of snapshots available on BIMcloud:

1. Teamwork project snapshots > BIMProject extension, see above sentence.
  2. PLN snapshot > It is a regular PLN file you can also save from Archicad, this is what you can open directly there.

NoemiBalogh_0-1698395413762.png

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Wrong image attached?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes! Thanks for the tip! This is the error i'm getting.  Are snapshots supposed to be just openable with Archicad? I do have permissions and I am logged in as my BIM user when opening this.

StefanVidenov_0-1698390288038.png

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

BIMProject files are not readable in Archicad, but in BIMcloud. You can only open the PLN snapshots directly in Archicad. In your case you need a BIMcloud which can open Archicad 26 projects (BIMcloud Basic locked to Archicad 26 or SaaS or paid BIMcloud). You can import them on the BIMcloud Manager's interface and then join to the project the same way as you do to any other Teamwork project.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Sorry I don't fully understand your comment. Aren't your first 2 sentences mutually exclusieve? 
So the only way to open a snapshot is through the BIMcloud and they can't be opened directly with archicad w/o BIMcloud?

Solution

We can see a BIMProject file on your screenshot. It can't be opened directly in Archicad. 

There are two types of snapshots available on BIMcloud:

1. Teamwork project snapshots > BIMProject extension, see above sentence.
  2. PLN snapshot > It is a regular PLN file you can also save from Archicad, this is what you can open directly there.

NoemiBalogh_0-1698395413762.png

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin