BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

How to create a travel pack for somebody else (another user)?

matjashka
Enthusiast
Problem: slow connection in remote location. ArchiCAD doesn't take timeout errors very well and drops the transfer.

I would like to create a "travel pack" and send it to the remote user so he can open the file in ArchiCAD, but I don't know if this can possibly work, because I'm logged in to TW as user A, and he's user B -- I assume that the travel pack will be locked to user A?

Any suggestions how to give them the large "base" teamwork file so they can open it and then reserve what they need?

This is ArchiCAD 16. Thanks!
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can reserve only when you are connected to the BIM Server.
I think you are right, if you sent him this Travel Pack he would be seeing your (User A) reservations.

One thing you could try is use TeamViewer or some other screen sharing program. Connect him remotely to your desktop, let me Sign in to the TW project as User B, with his own password, reserve items he needs, then leave the Project (only Leave, not Sign Out).
Then you could save a Travel Pack for him. That might work, but you will have to try it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
KenMcN
Contributor
Easiest way is to get the other user's login details (user name and password), then log in using this from the pop-up button in the 'Open in teamwork' dialogue. Save the travel pack and put it on dropbox or similar.

Not exacly secure, but they can always change their password afterwards if necessary.

Remember to change back to your own user account afterwards.

Hope this helps.
Kenny
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Learn and get certified!