BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Problem with Teamwork views linked to PLN file

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I have a large project with a teamwork file and several pln files. To manage the drawings i created a separate PLN file just for the drawings, where i have linked the views from the various files.
Today when i wanted to update the views of the Teamwork file, i get this error message: "Unsent changes in your source project are preventing the status checking process.
Go to the project and send your changes to the Server, then press the Check Status command again in the current project."

I did Send and Receive a lot of times, but to no avail, i cannot update my views. Even if i delete them and re-link them i get a blank drawing.

What can i do???
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
32 REPLIES 32
Erika Epstein
Booster
Have you tried updating the drawings using the drawing manager?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Yes. No chance there either. I get the "?" "Needs Cheking" or the "!" "Not Read Yet" messages.

From the Navigator i see the teamwork file listed as "Running" whereas the regular PLNs are listed as "Linked" whats the difference?

Even if i delete the missing views and re-link new ones from the Teamwork file i get blank drawings and the same error message. Seems something is stuck somewhere.

This is extremely annoying
Erika Epstein
Booster
Somewhat drastic, but try
-forward merge merging in a blank AC13 template file
-if that doesn't work, save out a pln and then reshare. Test in the pla that you can fix the linking problem first before resharing.

Perhaps someone else here has another suggestion.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I haven't been working with TW2, so I don't know if this is helpful. We had a similar situation with drawings linked to a TW file -- they wouldn't update. In a separate instance of AC, we signed into TW View Only. With both files open, the drawings updated -- my guess is it just couldn't access the PLP. Now, It's all very different now, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
So, new day, new problem... (you cant get bored with Archicad...)
The views are updating now miraculously... BUT... all the doors and windows and other objects are missing.
The BIM server libraries appear not to be loading on the PLN with the views, and there is no way of linking them... when i go to "Manage BIM server libraries" i get a blank window...

But why do i have to have the libraries loaded to the PLN with only the views?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am wondering if this could be some kind of a BIM Server name/address resolution issue.
BIM Server Libraries are usually not found for that reason.
And these hotlinkes also have a path which can get messed up in such a situation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
How can i check if thats the case???
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think all parties involved (BIM Server, AC clients) should have the same way of identifying the BIM Server). So if it is a name (like "Office BIM Server"), then that should be used in both the server and all AC instances.
If it is identified by an IP address, then that should be used by all.
This is a bit of guessing by me because I have not encountered such situation myself.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Check out this article about the possible reasons of missing Library Parts in teamwork:
http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Teamwork/LibraryNotFound

As to your original issue, I would think that the warning you get only notifies you about the status of the drawings being reliably displayed, but it should not prevent you from actually updating the drawings. So, after updating the drawings still should get them to the most current state, even though they are still marked as outdated after it. One possible way to fix it is that all the users who are signed in the source project send changes and "leave" the project. If everybody leaves the project, there should not really be any unsent changes. If there still are, then it' s a problem that only a re-share would fix. Save a PLN out of the project, and re-share it.

HTH,
Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!