In France we can use the last update 6025 about Archicad 22.
You have to keep exactly the same Archicad that your collaborators.
Here you can find the link to the BIM server software which is called BimCloud : https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/bimcloud/
BimCloud classic is free !
To install you can use one of the collaborators computers (tested on macOS) but it is even more a best idea to install you BimCloud software on a separate hardware which only do teamwork.
Finaly collaboration on Archicad is easier than Revit cause it deals with a client server environnement
That means you can consider your teamwork project like a library :
- you have the library adress and you access
- you can add books to reach the library
- if you want to read anything you can do it free
- if you want to reserve a book you just have to take it
- if the book you want is allready taken you ask it to your collaborator
The teamwork Pallet :
It's a wonderfull and powerfull way of work
By a Archicad collaboration you only synchronise the element you modify thanks to the client server environnement. Synchronizations can only be a few Ko cause you are able to reserve only a text or
a quotation without having to structure your teamwork project before. Try it ! Enjoy !
There are a lot of differences between AC16 and AC17 and newer versions. It is better to consider these new features before embarking on a collaborative work. Especially about materials !
• The quick answer is that both need to be on the same version.
• One advantage with AC is that if you buy 22 you can also download and run 20 as long as the OS is compatible.
• BimCloud Basic which is the "new name" for TW is extremely easy to setup and can run inn either a dedicated server or in one of your computers.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB AC27 US/INT -> AC08
Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest another Moderator